Skip to content

Game completely lacking nwnplayer.ini

MechswordsmanMechswordsman Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
As the thread name says, it lacks the file completely on both the Beamdog and Steam version. Without it I can never change my player name again, so is there a fix?

Comments

• MechswordsmanMechswordsman Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Well, I posted because after a week of trying things I thought I had run out of options.

Turns out, if your computer has 'One Drive' it creates it there instead of in the folders it actually needs to be in.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for sharing!
  • LeonidaspoaLeonidaspoa Member Posts: 5
    I am having the same problem Where in One Drive did you find it? I see no new documents.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The One Drive folder is usually in C:\Users\[your username]
    I found it in My Documents :|
    I have now posted my server but I do not have a DM client log in option. I have found a forum on this but their fixes do not apply to me. How do I create a DM Client for my server?
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    DM client is accessed by running the game exe with an added "-dmc"

you can do this by right-clicking a shortcut to the exe, clicking "Properties", secting the "Shortcut" tab, and adding " -dmc" to the Target.

If you are running from Steam, you should see an option on the initial pop-up for the dungeon master client.
    JuliusBorisov