Skip to content

The Steam version of NWN: EE will have the cloud save?

Pure curiosity...because I do not remember and was said in the BG Streming November-December 2017 ... but frankly I would be inclined to have them ... so if I changed PC or I was a friend of mine I could move more easily my game's Save.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's a feature nice to have for the release.

I've created an Input card for it - https://trello.com/c/xwWk5Gqx/113-cloud-saves
  • Taro94Taro94 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2018
    Please, don't starve the GOG release. While achievements are purely cosmetic and thus are not that necessary (and Trent made it rather clear Beamdog does not want to waste time on implementing them on a platform that's not nearly as popular as Steam, which is nevertheless a great pity, but that's not the topic at hand), cloud saves are an important feature and GOG Galaxy supports it. If possible, consider adding it not just to Steam, but to GOG as well.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The card doesn't have a specific reference to Steam in its title, @Taro94 :)
    Taro94voidofopinionHunterRayder93
  • Taro94Taro94 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2018

I know, I'm just emphasizing this to be on the safe side (and this thread is about Steam cloud saves). :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266

It's a feature nice to have for the release.

I've created an Input card for it - https://trello.com/c/xwWk5Gqx/113-cloud-saves

Thank you, I think many will appreciate it!
    Taro94 said:

Please, don't starve the GOG release. While achievements are purely cosmetic and thus are not that necessary (and Trent made it rather clear Beamdog does not want to waste time on implementing them on a platform that's not nearly as popular as Steam, which is nevertheless a great pity, but that's not the topic at hand), cloud saves are an important feature and GOG Galaxy supports it. If possible, consider adding it not just to Steam, but to GOG as well.

You're right, I was referring only to Steam in the post (since I use it more) but it is also right that both GOG.com and the BD client itself have this function.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ben0914ben0914 Member Posts: 9
    If this gets implemented. it would be nice to make sure the cloud saves are cross-platform compatible. I spend most of my time in Linux, but occasionally I'll have reason to boot up Windows. It would be nice to be able to continue my game from when I was in Linux and vice-versa.
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    ben0914 said:

If this gets implemented. it would be nice to make sure the cloud saves are cross-platform compatible. I spend most of my time in Linux, but occasionally I'll have reason to boot up Windows. It would be nice to be able to continue my game from when I was in Linux and vice-versa.

They should be. Save formats are cross-platform currently - you can manually copy your windows save onto linux and load it up.
  • SylvurdragonSylvurdragon Member Posts: 1
    Question, has this been implemented? If so, how do we perform cloud saves. I have Steam on multiple machines and would love the ability to save once and have access on multiple machines. Thanks!
  • JodacoJodaco Member Posts: 3
    Doesn't seem like it is yet. I am dying for this feature as well, I bounce between a windows desktop, mac, and linux and would love for this.
    Don't forget to vote for this card on Trello!
    Drakonfetito666
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Cloud saves are a must have!