Skip to content

NWN:EE Crashes upon entering the Load Game menu.

As stated in the title, anytime I press the load button in the main menu the application crashes. Multiplayer works great so it's not too big of a deal, but it'd be kind of nice to check out some of the single player modules I never got to play without worrying about losing progress.

Apologies if this has been addressed before, I simply haven't been able to find reference to this problem on this game specifically.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    What is the crash error?
  • Petey512Petey512 Member Posts: 5
    There isn't one- screen just freezes and then I get the "Neverwinter Nights has stopped working" notification before it shuts down.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Can you add your Neverwinter Nights folder from Documents into the exclusion list of your Antivirus and check if it improves things?
    Just tried that, but alas, no, I am still encountering the same problem.

I'm using a windows 10 OS if that helps at all.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    One thing you might try, is removing all savegames from your My Documents Neverwinter directory (Temporarily).

If the issue triggers when you enter the loaing screens, it may indicate anything from a UI issue, a rendering issue, or potentially that in order to generate a preview, it's reading data from a savegame that it doesn't like.
    Thanks Shaiden- removing my saves from that file worked- I can pull up the actual load menu now. I'll play around some and see if perhaps it is only a fluke.
    That worked- I can only guess that my save file got jacked up somehow.