Skip to content

Updating NWN removes mod files. 1 Question!

So, my mod files have been removed. I've been using both the documents folder and the folders in the game's directory for mods.

The reason I've been doing this is because one mod didn't work unless I placed it in the game's directory. After that, it started working. Weird, I know.

Barring that problem, do mods placed in the documents folder get removed after updating my game? Basically, I'm asking which folder directory do I use, the game's or My Documents?

Can anyone offer any input on why some mods have only been working for me when placed in the game's directory? Granted, it was only that one mod.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    My Documents for all custom content. I've never had anything put there get deleted on an update.
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    Nor I,, but I have BD version, not steam
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We've had a couple reports of CEP causing issues with items subscribed to after, cleared up by un/reinstalling CEP. Not sure if that applies?

As mentioned during today's stream, if it’s reported we’ll fix it. We’ll make sure we’ll address this problem if it's on Redmine (support.baldursgate.com).

So if it's not there yet, please, report.