Skip to content

Permanent Shapechange...

Using BG2EE 2.3.67.3 patch and discovered something (includes debug mode).
When u cast shapechange or polymorph self and polymorph into the forms given by spell, while u have polymorph/shapechange status on ur portrait (i mean the spell still effects the mage and not timeout), when u use ctrl+r to heal urself, it will reset all ur status except comes from items you will be healed of course and the "polymorph/shapechange spell effect will become permanent". So u will be able to change ur shape whenever u want so much that u wont ever need to cast those spells again. To mind flayer, cast psionic blast, to human again, to mind flayer, cast psionic.... infinite loop... and remove the shapechange from ur spelllist after getting permanent effect on u like it is ur normal natural innate talent like druids.

So It is good to shapechange ur mage into mind flayer after casting improved haste and timestop and kill everyone in that timestop. I was able to kill all chincilla group in 1 timestop outside of yagashura's temple which flees quickly after one of those dies. So imagine how quick ur mage can kill a group singlehandedly.

Congratulations of becoming a shapechanger mages with only "Ctrl + R"

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    No different from exporting the character before the spell expires, or dying before the spell expires (all of the raise dead spells specifically remove polymorph abilities from anyone they're used on, but if you found another way to resurrect someone...), it's the same mechanic allowing the abilities to remain.

There is a way to fix this behavior (opcode 335), but it depends on whether it's worth using the limited spellstates for this purpose.
  • Mephisto66Mephisto66 Member Posts: 11
    u cant die if u want these skills permanent for ur main character or love interest (here it is neera, wha? she is silly but funny, knows how to live)
    and this is easy. just spell cast and 2 buttons. why should i export in the middle of the game :)