Skip to content

OMG - Audio bug is BAD. Really bad.

Hello, I just started a new character in NWN:EE in anticipation of a new run I want to do soon.

I had never started the game since the "official release" and the most recent update on Steam.

I had heard about the audio bug, and read posts from someone who wanted to do a YouTube Let's Play of NWN:EE on the Aielund Saga, and he had to revert his Let's Play to GoG Diamond Edition because the audio bug was intolerable to him.

I wondered if it was really that bad.

OMG, it's really that bad. As in, NWN:EE is unplayable to me until this horrible, game breaking bug is fixed.

It sounds like every interactive audio file in the game is coming out the right speaker only. It is especially horrible when you play games through headphones, as I do.

It's like half the sound environment in the game is cut off. It is awful, horrible, unbearable.

Fixing this monumental goof needs to be your immediate priority, Beamdog. It needs to be fixed, YESTERDAY.

I can't believe how bad this really is. I've never been let down to this level of dissatisfaction by a Beamdog product before. :(

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Please file a bug report with as much information as you can so this can be addressed quickly. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66998/how-to-report-bugs-you-find-in-nwn-ee#latest
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Okay, I messed around with this problem some more, and found a workaround. The audio issue is connected to the camera rotation control. It's way oversensitive. You have to be directly facing an NPC to get full sound. Even the slightest turn to either side causes the sound to go completely to left or right channels.

So maybe it was intended as some kind of 3D sound improvement? I still think it's very bad. Possibly only people who use headphones will notice just how bad it really is.

@Cuv, you already have a bug report complaining about the sound problems.

Here's a link to @Balkoth 's thread.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69925/3d-sound-is-terrible-in-conversation-but-2d-sound-doesnt-work-whats-going-on#latest
  • DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    I am still waiting for this to be fixed before I buy it. This bug appears to have been around for some time and still no fix. I could not play with the sound messed up so why buy it and not play.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    In the old verson there was a slider for 2d/3d audio that was only enabled with certain sound drivers where selected. I suspect it is the loss of this slider bar when the supported sound drivers where changed that is causing the problem.
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    @Fardragon If you watched the videos in my thread (specifically this one) you'd see that the 2D/3D slider doesn't fix the problem.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Yeah, it does nothing. Because they changed the sound drivers from obsolete ones (that still work) to contempory ones that don't support the slider functionality and so are stuck at 3d-maximum.