Skip to content

Does your character's looks matter to you?

SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
edited March 2018 in Official Campaigns
When you play the OC do you want to role play as someone good looking or does looks not matter?
  1. Does your character's looks matter to you?54 votes
    1. I want to be good looking/attractive.
      64.81%
    2. Looks don't matter. I don't mind being ugly.
      18.52%
    3. Jill Sandwich.
      16.67%

Comments

• BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    edited March 2018
    Er, are you referring to your character's portrait or head choice? I certainly hope you're not referring to Charisma, since Charisma does not affect your physical appearance. A beautiful lady who has the personality of a goldfish would have low charisma. On the flip side, Hitler would be an example of someone with extremely high charisma...but I don't think he had women swooning over his devilishly handsome looks.

Charisma is about force of personality and ability to influence other people.
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    It's important to have a good selection of different kinds of looks, not just handsome /beautiful. A "rough" look needs to look good too.
  • SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
    In the OC 15 charisma and higher means you are good looking. This isn't the case in the expansions.

Anyway despite that I would like to know if your or anyone's character likes to role play as somebody good looking.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    I like when my character looks interesting and distinct. Ofcourse it mostly comes down to what gear Im using.
  • FaerûnFaerûn Member Posts: 39
    I'm not 100% certain on what you're polling but I voted anyway! My character's looks do matter to me, but that doesn't always mean I want them to be beautiful. I just appreciate small details that let me bring them to life, even if they're an ugly half-orc.

As for Charisma, while the OC did have three specific ranges for how NPCs treated you, it was my understanding that anything over 10 was considered "above average". Over 15 would be beautiful. That said, I don't think that your ability score should necessarily affect how your character appears - you know, assuming that was a reasonable endeavor.
  • PhototoxinPhototoxin Member Posts: 23
    Being able to achieve the look I want is more important than looking pretty. I want a pretty elf, but I want a tough looking half-orc
  • RecklessfireballRecklessfireball Member Posts: 9
    Looks are important. I want an interesting looking toon. But I enjoy playing an ugly character as much as an attractive one. Having a character with an interesting personality and appearance are both important to me, as I'm very into the RP aspect of the game.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    A character who looks interesting doesn't necessarily need to be "good looking" . I want to be able to make my character look stylish and exotic enough to fit my own taste, which does not mean that he/she will look like a sexy model .
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    I play a lot of builds, many of which I get a feel for from the portraits. I'll go through them and one will stand out ( I currently have about 2400 portraits). What's missing are heads, even with the cep heads there's really not all that many which IMHO are any good and I find myself if playing female choosing from among the same three heads every time, which kills the immersion. There's two default female heads from human and two elf heads which are decent but I invariably find the short haired "Dorothy Hamil" style one or the first head "Sharwin 1" to be useful or "Sharwin 2". For elves pretty much the same though cep does add a couple which are very nice.

All that being said what I'd like to see is all the playable heads which have hats and cloaks and adornments on them replaced with new high quality heads mainly in the style of Sharwin 2 with varying hairstyles. Same for males, remove the hats and such and add a few more decent not "odd" heads like the first one but perhaps a little different hairstyles.
  • dafenadafena Member Posts: 74
    dTd said:

I play a lot of builds, many of which I get a feel for from the portraits. I'll go through them and one will stand out ( I currently have about 2400 portraits). What's missing are heads, even with the cep heads there's really not all that many which IMHO are any good and I find myself if playing female choosing from among the same three heads every time, which kills the immersion. There's two default female heads from human and two elf heads which are decent but I invariably find the short haired "Dorothy Hamil" style one or the first head "Sharwin 1" to be useful or "Sharwin 2". For elves pretty much the same though cep does add a couple which are very nice.

All that being said what I'd like to see is all the playable heads which have hats and cloaks and adornments on them replaced with new high quality heads mainly in the style of Sharwin 2 with varying hairstyles. Same for males, remove the hats and such and add a few more decent not "odd" heads like the first one but perhaps a little different hairstyles.

You broke my heart!

I usually play as sorcerers so... They have to look good! That's why I ported over those heads :p
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Those are nice yeah, but they're not in the default game. I was only talking about that or the cep which the module I play on requires. May your heart be unbroken :)
  • AnonySimonAnonySimon Member Posts: 28
    I was a little confused at the question. If the question is "do I want my character to have a model's body?" my answer is no; but if the question is "do I want good graphics for my character?" my answer is yes. I personally would also like to see character customization that grants pot-bellies for characters who are overweight (or atleast drink alot) or who are pregnant.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    In terms of graphics, I love 2d pixel, but the bigger planescape models allow for a better level of pixele detail. The portrait either good looking/interesting or average looking with features like myself. If I roleplay ugly, I'd prefer very in your face ugly with npc reactivity like Arcanum.