Skip to content

"Error, could not translate address"

0po0ia0po0ia Member Posts: 13
Been getting this error this morning whenever I try to connect to any server on the EE client. Does anyone know what causes this?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hello!

A few questions
    1) Are you currently up to date in the version of the game?
    2) Are you running off the steam build or the Beamdog Client build?
    3) How are you attempting to log into servers? Through the server browser? Steam friends? Direct Connect?
    4) Is there a particular server giving you trouble? Are you able to connect to other servers?
    5) Are you able to create your own server (I.E. New Internet game)
    5a) If so, can other people see it / join it?
    6) Are you currently using any custom modules or overrides?
    7) If possible, can you try to connect to a server again, and if it fails, give us a timestamp of when you attempted said connection?
    8) What machine are you currently running? Linux? Mac? PC? Do you have a specific graphics card / graphics driver?

If this does happen, please file a bug in our redmine with the information above, and we'll see if we can't track it down.
  • EndrakEndrak Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    This is also happening to me, so I'll answer your questions.

1) Are you currently up to date in the version of the game?

Yes.

2) Are you running off the steam build or the Beamdog Client build?

Steam. I get the same error on the Beamdog client, however on Beamdog all the servers in the list are grayed out, which they are not on Steam.

3) How are you attempting to log into servers? Through the server browser? Steam friends? Direct Connect?

Server browser and direct connect.

4) Is there a particular server giving you trouble? Are you able to connect to other servers?

I can't connect to any servers.

5) Are you able to create your own server (I.E. New Internet game)

No. It gives me the error message during the transition to the character select screen.

6) Are you currently using any custom modules or overrides?

Yes, though none of them have been updated for weeks and I only started having this issue yesterday. I also unsubscribed from all of them to test it and got the same error.

7) If possible, can you try to connect to a server again, and if it fails, give us a timestamp of when you attempted said connection?

I tried to connect to Arelith - Cities and Planes at 10:31:56 EST.

8) What machine are you currently running? Linux? Mac? PC? Do you have a specific graphics card / graphics driver?

PC. I'm pretty sure my graphics card has nothing to do with this since it's clearly a connectivity issue.

I will also add that I have restarted my router and computer several times, tried changing my DNS settings, and run the game as an administrator.

I don't think filing a bug report will accomplish anything. Google searches have revealed that this has been a problem for NWN since before the Enhanced Edition, but the solutions mentioned are lacking if there are any solutions mentioned at all. All signs point to it being a client-side problem.