Skip to content

Hearing in the European Parliament on diabetes - get the story out!

LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
A great conference on diabetes - watch it if you have diabetes or might be in risk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=jcnd3usdNxo&app=desktop

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Not yet, I think. But I an recommend starting 7 mins in, instead of from beginning.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Big pharma and big food, lawd yes. It was nice to hear so many of my own ideas, conclusions, and concerns brought up by others. I've posted some of the issues with big pharma in relation to insulin on the politics thread a while back. As far as I am concerned, it is almost tantamount to murder with the way pricing is played with. I'm T1 but still, many of the same issues apply in regards to drug suggestions, like statins for instance.
    One thing ya really gotta like though, is we have all these new meds out for type 2 diabetes, which are nothing more than R&D focused on making the big bucks (and that on the rise in particular with kids) on a product to be sold over and over again (not a cure). On top of that, we have food advertising that makes it even harder to deal with (which as the video mentioned, hard for the mind/body to resist). It really does set up a loop tailor made for profit, as you need to reign in both to fix many of the problems.
    Thanks for posting that, it reminded me of the great interest I had for these issues during my undergrad work in public health education. B)

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Zaghoul said:

Big pharma and big food, lawd yes.

Both of which can and will buy big government. Next idea?

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    tbone1 said:

Zaghoul said:

Big pharma and big food, lawd yes.

Both of which can and will buy big government. Next idea?

Yeah, it's unfortunate that at least here in the US, nothing changes (at least not fast), for exactly that point. Still though, I like to see folks stand up and speak about it.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    @Zaghoul Believe me, it isn’t just here in the states. I know corruption exists and can be bad ... my wife’s family is from Chicago and I worked in DC ... but in many places in the world, corruption is seen as just the way things are done.