Skip to content

Restructuring the IE mods section

bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
Browsing the forums to find interesting mods is a bit of a pain. I think the current subforum structure should stay but each particular game subforum should be renamed from

(for example) BGII:EE Mods

to

(for ex.) BGII:EE Mod Announcements

and only mod announcements (finished and wip mods) should be posted there, with properly formatted titles - just the name and optionally version (no more [MOD])

questions and discussion (threads like "Android Mod Request?") should go to the general modding subforum with required "tags" in the title, such as
[BG1], [BG2], [IWD] etc

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2018
    Mmm. Speaking as a modder I admittedly don’t like the boards as a method for displaying my mods. It’s the reason I ended up creating a personal modlist thread and asking for it to get pinned (though I doubt anybody even noticed that).

While I do think the modding section could use a little bit of work, collapsing all mod download threads wouldn’t really solve the issue of mods getting pushed to the second page, in fact, I’d say it might make things worse for the modders who aren’t active enough to constantly bump their mods to the front.

I wish Beamdog had a proper mod hosting subsection a la SHS or G3 where mods can have lasting visibility but I can’t even be sure that something like that could be supported, but what do I know. I’m not a web designer.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    beamdog probably doesn't want to actually host mods because they need to reasonably distance themselves from 3rd party creations