Skip to content

Bag of Holding in BG1 EE?

2»

Comments

• magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Ammo belt really - for me probably the least used container.

With stacks of 80 now who uses more than 240 arrows on a single mission before you have a chance to restock.

My archer carries in his inventory - 1 extra stack of normal arrows (80), one extra stack of +1, one stack of fire or acid arrows and a stack of ice arrows, half a stack of piercing, a few detonations and a few dispelling. While his quick slot ammo has 2 stacks of normal missiles and a stack of +1 arrows. Do you really need more than this before you need to restock.

(Or you can just use a mod to tweak ammo stacking if you wanted).

The only 3 containers I use - one for potions, one for gems and one for scrolls. Potions get heavy if you are weak and gems and scrolls there are just too many of the bloody things that you can't really do with out a container.
  • randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18
    There is pretty legal Bag of Holding in SOD.
    Belegarm sells it for 10000 gold

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I like using the potion case, the gem bag and the scroll case.
    Even in BG2 when you actually get a BOH I find it diminishes my involvement in the game, though it is needed then.

Also with mods working on timers, taking time out while you mess around, means you don't miss conversations.
    I'm playing BG at the moment and really taking my time and have had a few new banters that haven't happened before simply because I'm standing around a lot.

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Just once in one of these games I wish a Bag of Holding would simply give you a reassuring hug when you're feeling a low.
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    kcwise said:

Just once in one of these games I wish a Bag of Holding would simply give you a reassuring hug when you're feeling a low.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/Incentives.html
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited April 2018
    Let me explain the huge price difference for 500gp BoH (ToB) and 10K BoH.

One can store 100 items, one store 2000 items. Do the Maths

(I extract the capacity data of bag04 / 31 using DLTCEP)
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Personally I think a bag of holding in BG1 would unbalance the game.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    I think they should add a Bag of Holding and an Ammo Belt to the game in hidden, spoiler locations like the Ankheg Plate Mail in Nashkel. That way those who want them can get them without consoling them in (ipad and tablet users can't use console) and those who don't want them can ignore them.
  • DrChopsDrChops Member Posts: 5
    The container I'd like to see is a wand case. I'm surprised it wasn't added along with the scroll and potion cases.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    If you activate the CLUA Console and type CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag31") you'll get a bag of holding from the onset of the game. EEKeeper works just the same.

As for consoling there are links around and youtube videos for in depth instructions. It'd add a link but unfortunately I'm hard pressed for time at the moment.
  • RobtheAlchemistRobtheAlchemist Member Posts: 1
    I just deal without the bag of holding in bg1, not like there is all that much to want to keep compared to bg2, why bother cheating it in.