Skip to content

Translation error

AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
A player on my server pointed this out to me. I copy-paste directly from the report that he has opened.

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36603

In the Italian version of the client 1.69 there was a known translation error. When epic focus conjuration was taken, epic focus evocation appeared on the character's sheet. In reality the character had the one in conjuration.
Probably in 1.74 they wanted to solve this little old bug, but a lot of confusion has been made.
Instead of correctly translating the epic focus, you have also translated the normal and greater focus :-( So now all three are wrong!
To do the test, just use the client in English and then check the same character sheet with the client in Italian, this thing should be fixed immediately
Summary for those who deal with these things:
Conjuration = Invocazione
Evocation = Evocazione
AedanJuliusBorisov

Comments

• AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2018
    I saw that you made an attempt to solve the problem. Thank you :-)
    But the problem is that everything is even more wrong.
    Feats are still reversed, not only on the character's sheet but also when choosing which ones to take during the levelup procedure.
    In particular, the most serious thing is that when the epic focus has to be selected, Evocation appears twice ... so the player is unable to understand which of the two is really evocation (or conjuration).
    I give a practical example :
    Eng during level up: spell focus Conjuration
    Ita during level: incantesimo focalizzato evocazione (WRONG it must be Invocazione)
    Eng during level up: spell focus Evocation
    Ita during level: incantesimo focalizzato invocazione (WRONG it must be Evocazione)

Eng during level up: greater spell focus Conjuration
    Ita during level: incantesimo focalizzato superiore evocazione (WRONG it must be Invocazione)
    Eng during level up: greater spell focus Evocation
    Ita during level: incantesimo focalizzato superiore invocazione (WRONG it must be Evocazione)

now when during the level up procedure in Ita version appears twice the possibility to take "incantesimo focalizzato epico Evocazione", therefore while before the ticket they were simply inverted (and therefore the circumventable problem if known) it is now impossible to select the correct one.

if you give me a link to some editor for tlk files, I'll do the job :-)
    Post edited by Aliberto on
  • AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80

I updated the report with all the screens documenting the problem, I hope it will finally be able to solve the problem.

file 1 : client ita spell focus invocazione
    file 2 : client neg spell focus evocation (so in Italian it should have been evocation)
    file 3 : client ita greater spell focus invocazione
    file 4 : client eng greater spell focus evocation (so in Italian it should have been evocation)
    file 5 : client ita we take the other feat... spell focus evocation (we are actually conjuration)
    file 6 : client ita after last operation
    file 7 : client eng after last operation (the two feats are reversed)
    file 8 : client ita, the icing on the cake, the client does not differentiate the two feats and the player does not know what to do anymore
    JuliusBorisov