Skip to content

NPCs turning hostile when enemies lured into area

Hey so I've noticed a couple times that all of a sudden most of the NPCs in the area that I'm in will be hostile, without me having attacked them or in most cases even got near them. It seems to happen consistently when I enter another area and return to try to kite a group of enemies. Is this supposed to be happening? I've just stopped pulling enemies into different areas now but it seems very strange that this happens.

I had it happen with Callard and his son, as well as all the barbarians at the Sea of Moving Ice area. The barbarians were the ones I noticed it came from pulling enemies.

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    Are you actually getting enemies to follow you through area transitions? The only thing I can think of that would cause what you mentioned would be enemies raising their "attacked" alarm in the wrong area; the game reuses the name of this "attacked" variable in most cases, so this would cause the wrong area to go hostile if you manage to bring enemies into areas where they aren't meant to be.

I tried to do this myself, but I can't get enemies to follow me through most transitions. For example, you could make Callard and his son hostile by kiting Flozem into their area, but I can't seem to get Flozem to follow me. In fact, in my short testing session, the only area transition I could get enemies to follow me through were the crypts in the Vale of Shadows.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited May 2018
    Bubb said:

Are you actually getting enemies to follow you through area transitions? The only thing I can think of that would cause what you mentioned would be enemies raising their "attacked" alarm in the wrong area; the game reuses the name of this "attacked" variable in most cases, so this would cause the wrong area to go hostile if you manage to bring enemies into areas where they aren't meant to be.

I tried to do this myself, but I can't get enemies to follow me through most transitions. For example, you could make Callard and his son hostile by kiting Flozem into their area, but I can't seem to get Flozem to follow me. In fact, in my short testing session, the only area transition I could get enemies to follow me through were the crypts in the Vale of Shadows.

the easiest area to trigger this is leading fire salamanders into the rhinobeetle pit (the elevator)