Skip to content

How do I load (Subscribed) Workshop Modules using the Beamdog Server Launcher on a Hosted Server?

HI all,

I am trying to run a PW Server on a Hosted Virtual Server.

The Problem I am having is that the NWServer's Module Name Pulldown window does not show any of the Workshop Modules that I have subscribed to. Can someone post a link or provide a guide (that walks me through the steps of setting up the NWServer launcher) to host a Subscribed Workshop Module?

Here is some background on my Hosted V-Server:
I have steamcmd.exe installed on the V-Server, and it is working.
I can sync to my Steam Account and download the latest NWN:EE Patch Revision.
----------
Here is my Update_NWN_STEAM.bat file on the V-Server (userid and pwd changed to protect the innocent):
cd "C:\steamcmd"

steamcmd.exe +login "myuserid" "Pwd***" +force_install_dir "C:\Neverwinter_Nights" +app_update 704450 +validate +quit
==========
The server updates to the latest Revision, so I think this is working correctly...

I have the Beamdog NWServer Launcher installed on the V-Server, and it is working.
I can launch a new game of NWN:EE just fine.
There is a pull down for the Module Name, but it only shows the official BeamDog NWN:EE Chapter 1-5, and the Other Premium Modules (ID, Kingmaker, Pirates of the Sword Coast, ShadowGuard, Witch's Wake, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr).

The Problem I am having is that the Module Name pulldown window does not show any of the Workshop Modules that I have subscribed to. How do I get the subscribed NWN:EE modules to show up so we can load the module and start playing it?

Thanks,
Reydar
KOTR Server Admin for NWN:EE

Comments

• JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    It's definitely an issue at present. Had a thread on it myself, here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69907/workshop-mods-not-being-seen-by-toolset-or-dedicated-server#latest

The only current workaround is to copy the data out of the workshop folders and into the NWN one (full workaround link in that thread).

Still had no answer to it, mind.
  • ReydarReydar Member Posts: 2
    Hi Jimbobslimbob,

Thanks for the response! At least now I know I am not crazy.
    Hopefully Beamdog will fix it soon.
    I will try to follow the workaround guide and see how badly I blow things up.
    I will make a backup of everything before I start...

By the way, on a different topic... I want to say: "Your Game Server Manager is awesome!" I was able to get it working with my locally hosted NWN:EE game server. However, I have had a bit of a challenge figuring out how to get it working with my Hosted Server. I can't install the Game Server Manager onto the Hosted Server. It has to run on my PC, and connect to/manage my Remote Hosted Server. Not 100% sure how to tell the Game Server Manager how to find the path to the server and the files on the hosted server. I am playing around with it in my spare time and will eventually figure it out. Thanks for creating the Game Server Manager!

Regards,
    Reydar
    KOTR Server Admin - NWN:EE
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    I'm glad you found it useful! If using on a hosted server, you would require desktop access to use it properly. It is meant to be used on the machine you are hosting on, so if it's a VM, install it on the VM and access it via that etc.
  • sknymicksknymick Member Posts: 25
    Have you tried editing your NWN.ini file? Particularly if you are running two separate copies of of NWN on the same machine. I pointed mine to my original 1.69+ folder, so I didn't have to redownload a bunch of stuff.

MODULES=C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\modules

If you did, please ignore.
    Skny