Skip to content

Half-elf paladin

Scourge2Scourge2 Member Posts: 32
edited April 2018 in IWD:EE Mods
I want to create a half-elf paladin in Icewind Dale EE. What mod do I need?

Scourge2
Post edited by Scourge2 on

Comments

• Scourge2Scourge2 Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2018
    I thought I could use cdtweaks here, but it didn't work the way I thought it would.
    Post edited by Scourge2 on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Scourge2, I use Tweaks Anthology and, as a test, was able to create the Half-Elf Paladin. I only have two other mods installed which are the Wandcase and a sound pack. It looks like you are already using Tweaks Anology, just check to see if the component 'Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes' is installed (you can check in your WeiDU.log if you not aware).

If you want, you could rename your WeiDU.log to WeiDU.txt and upload it here... Depending on other mods used, it could also be the install order.

Gus
    It wasn't there.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited April 2018
    Hi @Scourge2. Which wasn't there, the WeiDU.log or the 'Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes'? If the later, then have a look here which is teh readme for Tweaks. The component you are looking for is listed under Rule Changes but if you search the webpage for 'Remove Racial', it will show up.

If it is the first, the WeiDU.log should be in the root of the Baldur's Gate folder where you installed the mod. You wont be able to upload as a .log but renaming it to .txt will be fine.

Gus

Edit: Typo
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    I see what I did wrong. I didn't choose to make changes in all of the areas of the mod. I'm under the weather now, but I'll try it again tomorrow when I'm feeling better.
    Gusinda
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Somebody on here created a mod for the sole purpose of removing all race restrictions, so that an elf could be a paladin, or even a dwarf or half-orc could be a mage, etc. The only limitation was that the mod didn't work for kits that weren't available in the BG/BG2:EEs, like the Priest of Tempus.

On a side note, I would just warn that if you're creating a non-human paladin, be aware that you may not be able to use some of the paladin-only weapons in the game, which are typically reserved for humans (unless you've found a mod that also changes that as well, which case, just ignore me... :wink: ).
    RAM021