Skip to content

How to un-install mods?

Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
So I've seen alot written about how to get mods installed, but how does one Un-install a mod? I'm assuming there is more to it than simply deleting the .exe installer in the install folder. I am also assuming that for the mod to completely uninstall you have to start a new game (I got used to this idea thanks to the Bethesda modding community with Skyrim / Fallout).

That said, can someone point me to an article or video which covers this? I know there has to be one floating about.

Thank you for any help you may be able to point my way.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You can't really "un-install" mods on BG. Well, you can technically, but it doesn't really work. It will just bug out your game massively. Typically, in the past, you had to wipe your whole install and start with a fresh installation.

Luckily, these days its much easier. Open the game client and select "verify game files" in the options. The patcher will then wipe your moddified files and re-download fresh ones. Its usually a pretty small re-downliad, about 10 Mb. Then boom, mods uninstralled and you have a fresh game.
  • Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
    I can honestly say this is advice i've not yet seen any where else on the forums. Thank you.

If I were using the mega-mod (Big World?) isn't that like a mod manager of sorts? And would it allow for adding / removing mods? I would still need to start a new game with it of course.
    BWS (Big world setup) is a utility to install large numbers of mods (like 100+ and required for EET megamods). Its doesn't solve the un-installation issue though.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

So I've seen alot written about how to get mods installed, but how does one Un-install a mod? I'm assuming there is more to it than simply deleting the .exe installer in the install folder. I am also assuming that for the mod to completely uninstall you have to start a new game (I got used to this idea thanks to the Bethesda modding community with Skyrim / Fallout).

That said, can someone point me to an article or video which covers this? I know there has to be one floating about.

Thank you for any help you may be able to point my way.

Run the setup-foo program again; it'll provide an [U]ninstall option for any components that are installed.
    @CamDawg But that doesn't always work. Most mods don't unistall completely successfully and will create more bugs.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    ThacoBell said:

@CamDawg But that doesn't always work. Most mods don't unistall completely successfully and will create more bugs.

The whole point of using WeiDU is the onion-layer installer, where every mod keeps a copy of pre-mod files for every component. If you're seeing incomplete uninstalls report it to the mod author or to the WeiDU forum direct.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
    Is there an up to date walk through on how to work with Weidu? I'm very new to modding these games and want to make sure that I'm not setting myself up for seriously bugs when i'm 20 hours into the game and have no idea what is causing them.

Also what to you recommend for finding the latest versions of the mods I'm running? They are badly scattered for the BG games due to them being mostly loaded randomly into the forum posts (sometimes 20 pages into a thread). Are there any better central websites where the mods are uploaded and can be easily updated and tracked (like Nexus)?
  • ReycobosReycobos Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I know that this thread is old but, is there any way to un-install mods using EET Install Tool? I've installed some mods using this tool but I am not quite happy with the mods. I've installed EET mod (because It's mandatory) and I read that I need to install setup-EET_end at the end of the installation.

If I uninstall manually the mods, do I need to uninstall setup-EET_end , then unistall whatever I want and install again setup-EET_end?