Skip to content

New Currency!

I'd really like to see the other types of currency added to the game: Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, etc.

Please consider!!

Comments

• AnonySimonAnonySimon Member Posts: 28
    I also would like to see other types of currency, albeit such is very far down on my wishlist.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    You can simulate it with coin objects and then on the acquire event the object no longer exists in which case you check the amount of gold the player has and exchange it into coin objects. A coin object doesn't need processing like that, then for merchants you "decompress" your coin objects into gold pieces of the closest value.

It's not perfect but it's possible, with GUI customization it should be possible to make it seem like it was always built using alternative coinage.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • OndaderthadOndaderthad Member Posts: 9
    Coins are implemented in the C.R.A.P. system:
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/crap-168-and-cep2
    QUOTE:
    If the CRP coin system has been selected in the master control script (it's on by default) player gold will be automatically converted to CRP gold coins. In addition, NPCs, including monsters, will generate random copper, silver, gold, electrum, and gold piece treasures instead of Bioware gold. NPC treasure scales upward based on the challenge rating of the creature. Likewise, CRP coins will generate in the CRP treasure chests instead of gold. CRP coins work with both Bioware random treasure generation systems, the default from the original game, plus the customizable treasure system included with the expansion packs.