Skip to content

Character appearance.

UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
edited July 2018 in General Modding
I've been using a barbarian char appearance in Icewind Dale (through EE Keeper) to play with since I enjoy the look of the animations of the barbarians from their camp.

I went to select the same appearance for BG, but they're invisible when ingame. I'm guessing that the resources are just simply missing. Same with BGII.

Is there a way through a mod or else that I can use the barbarian resources in BG to make my barbarian char look like a real barbarian?

Thank you!
Post edited by UOLegacy on

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Download Near Infinity and open it in your IWD game folder. Then look for the animation number. The simplest solution is to look for a creature you know of that uses this animation. Once you found that you should be able to find a line that says "animation", with a number and a name in the field next to it on your creature file.

Convert that number from decimal to hexadecimal (there are online converters) and note the result somewhere.

Back in Near Infinity, open the INI folder then look for the file that is called "yournumber".ini, with "yournumber" being the hexadecimal number you noted above. Open that file. One of the lines in the first bloc will read "resref="+ 4 letters. Note these 4 letters.

Still in NI, open the BAM folder and copy extract every BAM that starts with these 4 letters into your BG override folder and you should be good to go.

I don't have access to a computer just now but if you don't succeed with my not-so-clear tutorial, I'll provide you with screenshots of the different steps :smiley:
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    edited May 2018
    My post didn't appear for a few days so I did get in contact with argent77 about this. It worked like a charm. Thank you both for explaining how this was done.