Skip to content

IDEE 2.5 on GOG, when and with achievements?

When can we expect the DRM-Free version of Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition to make its way to GOG, and will Beamdog FINALLY release a game with achievements on GOG? All the other Enhanced Edition games are missing their achievements on GOG, and IDEE 2.5 would be a great opportunity for Beamdog to start making things right with respecting platform parity.
Necdilzor

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited May 2018
    GOG is always being cumbersome. It seems to have few technicians swamped. Not a Beamdog fault.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    GOG also has to review the patch on its own end. I would expect a couple days to a week depending on how GOG operates.
  • VulchorVulchor Member Posts: 9
    That's fine, mostly I was wondering if there was an ETA at all, to know whether or not the update had been sent yet to GOG because usually if it had been, GOG lets us know and it takes a day or two for them to build the update package.

But what about Achievements?
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Forgot I bought it on GOG, must have been a sale. Was looking forward to playing it this evening.
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mrjanemrjane Member Posts: 18
    I'm really regretting buying IWD on GOG... It was a good sale, but the hassle that site always seems to have, getting patches out and the such, just doesn't seem worth it.
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    I agree with you @mrjane , but it seems there is a way with GOG Galaxy for developper to have faster update. I don't know if this the case here.

Also it's slow to get NWNEE on that platform also
  • MonotremataMonotremata Member Posts: 78
    GoG is fine. Be glad you're not an Apple customer and bought it from the Apple App Store. You wanna talk about slow to update, they're still on v1.3 for both Baldur's Gate games.
  • bearcattonybearcattony Member Posts: 32
    Just came online a few hours ago. Although it can't be modded yet. Using BWS and getting the "please choose your language" error. It probably has to update.
    Monotremata

Just came online a few hours ago. Although it can't be modded yet. Using BWS and getting the "please choose your language" error. It probably has to update.

Haha was just coming here to post this. Just opened Galaxy a bit ago and it started updating right away.. Shockingly its moving very quickly considering Im also downloading a Debian ISO at the same time.
  • bearcattonybearcattony Member Posts: 32
    Don't know if BWS was updated yet to correct the config error of Baldur.ini instead of Baldur.lua. at least when bgee and bgee2 are 2.5'd it won't be an issue. I guess it was because iwdee was stuck at 1.4 for years.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Phil on stream has just said 2.5 patches will not add achievements on GOG but Beamdog is going to work on it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ccunning1ccunning1 Member Posts: 18
    It's up on GOG now, but I don't think it has achievements yet
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 64
    Hold off updating to IWD:EE 2.5.16.3 if you're playing on a MacBook and using the trackpad; it's currently very buggy (mouse cursor/trackpad tracking borked).
    oakheart said:

Hold off updating to IWD:EE 2.5.16.3 if you're playing on a MacBook and using the trackpad; it's currently very buggy (mouse cursor/trackpad tracking borked).

Well crap I just opened up GOG Galaxy and it updated it for me.. Is this only MacBooks? Im on a Mac Pro, still haven't started yet, waiting to finish the 2 BGs first..
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 64

Well crap I just opened up GOG Galaxy and it updated it for me.. Is this only MacBooks? Im on a Mac Pro, still haven't started yet, waiting to finish the 2 BGs first..

If you're using a mouse you should be fine. I don't know if Magic Trackpad users are affected.
    Monotremata