Skip to content

Need a suggestion for a build

VhalyrVhalyr Member Posts: 3
Hello, i was about to start over the game, and i wanted to make a Paladin/Blackguard/Something build.
Shoould i go with fighter as third class? Or maybe weaponmaster?
Moreover, would such a build be good, or terrible?

Thanks for the insights :D

Comments

• SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
    Is this for the OC or SOTU + HOTU? If you are going to make a Paladin multiclass for the expansions you should probably only take 16 levels of Paladin for the Holy Sword spell. The rest is up to you. You're probably won't be able to make a Weapon Master as the third class unless you take feats during epic levelling.

So in my opinion:

SOTU + HOTU: Paladin 16 and the rest Blackguard. Unless you really want to make a Weapon Master in that case take feats during epic levels.

OC: Since your final level will most likely be between 16 and 17 during the end I say take levels of Paladin until you have two level one spell slots. Than you can probably go Blackguard for the rest.

I hope this helps.
  • VhalyrVhalyr Member Posts: 3
    Yeah, thank you...But is it worth it, besides the double charisma on saves?
    I was planning to play all three games, to be honest...As of now, with my bard/red dragon disciple/blackguard i got to 17 at the end of oc, so i think i will get somewhere around 40 at the end of HotU...
  • VhalyrVhalyr Member Posts: 3
    Actually, i was thinking about getting 12 levels of paladin, 6 or 8 levels of fighter (or champion of torm) to beef me up with the extra feats and the rest to blackguard.
    Should end up having an high BAB, high saves, smite evil and smite good, divine power and shield.
    Holy sword might not be that useful, considering that the weapon enchanter in HotU can beef your weapon to godly stats...
  • SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
    It's up to you man. Holy Sword grants +5 enchantment, dispels on hit and does +1d6 divine damage to evil aligned. In my opinion I think this is good to have but like you said you can enchant your weapon to godly stats.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    You know that switching from Paladin/Champion of Torm to Blackguard is going to require a huge alignment shift, right? You can probably console that switch, or hold off on levelling up until you have done enough villainy to shift your alignment, but I'm not sure how easy that'd be. Paladin and Champion of Torm both require good, whereas blackguard requires evil. If you picked fighter for the middle levels, that might make it easier, since you have more time to fall to the dark side. I probably wouldn't do more than 4 levels of fighter, though, just enough for weapon specialization, unless there's really some feat you want with lots of other feat requirements. It may not be a terrible idea to switch back to fighter at epic levels, just to score more epic feats, though.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Also, did you know that Shadows of Undrentide is for first level characters? If you put a 16th level character into SoU, you are going to steamroll it and be bored. You're supposed to export your character from *either* the OC *or* SoU into Hordes of the Underdark, not from the OC into SoU.

I mean, I guess you can if you want to, but do you really want to play a 16th level character in a first level game?