Skip to content

character info screen for all characters

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
It's been many years since I've played the game, so please forgive me if I'm just failing to recall a feature that is present....

I would love to one day see a feature by which you can select noteworthy characters in the game and open a screen featuring a unique portrait and some information about the character.

This could even be done for each and every citizen you come across... even in, say, the city of Baldur's Gate. For the non-adventuring/non-quest-giving characters, the portrait and blurb would be a generic placeholder for various types of citizens one finds. A modder could however one day modify those as desired. Especially if an EE toolset or official game editor is eventually developed and offered, that makes this relatively easy for even the average player to do (hint hint).
Post edited by Lemernis on

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    This feature was present in Neverwinter Nights, but not in Baldur's Gate. Would be cool to have it, but I don't know how it could possibly be done... maybe a new button to click NPCs with?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I think this is a great idea. I'd love to see small portraits of characters appearing next to their dialogues.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    This would indeed be a nice addition, especially given how rich the BG world is in terms of interesting minor characters.

It may be worth knowing that there is currently a mod called NSC Portraits that goes someways toward this, adding minor portraits to most minor and major characters in all games. I think it requires BGT though.
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    A nice idea, would take some time to write up descriptions for important NPCs and generate unique portraits since there's quite a few out there but would be a fun addition methinks. Insert a portrait of Gandalf for Gorion!
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I remember the first time I played NWN I picked the generic farmer/commoner NPC portrait for my character. Too lazy to go back and change it, but it irked me the entire time...
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

I remember the first time I played NWN I picked the generic farmer/commoner NPC portrait for my character. Too lazy to go back and change it, but it irked me the entire time...

Lol!
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    Would be nice to have, but probably a pretty big change and a lot of work.