Skip to content

Official change history for new scripting commands released?

prwoprwo Member Posts: 69
Is there an official change history for new scripting commands released?
If there is one already, could you please point me towards it. Maybe I'm just too blind to find it.

I found some information about new commands in Beamdog Library\00840\lang\en\docs\Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition (v74).txt, but this, as for v74.8170, doesn't contain the SetObjectVisualTransform, so I think it's not up to date or incomplete.

I often incidentally read about new commands in the forum.
Maybe there is a better list or a better way to stay on track, I just don't know of.

Comments

• SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    New commands are always added to the end of nwscript.nss. SetTag() is the first new one added, all those below it are also new.

Sometimes additional parameters (with default values) will be added to existing commands, in which case you'll have to read the release notes to see it. But so far, there has only been a string param to BootPC() and some changes to item appearance functions.
  • prwoprwo Member Posts: 69

[...] in which case you'll have to read the release notes to see it.

Where are the official release notes to be found?

I only know of Beamdog Library\00840\lang\en\docs\

Daz said:
    Thanks for this link. Very helpful.
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    prwo said:

[...] in which case you'll have to read the release notes to see it.

Where are the official release notes to be found?

I only know of Beamdog Library\00840\lang\en\docs\

Yeah, there's a "Modified Existing Scripting Instructions" section there. But that is generally only updated for a stable build, so the development branches might not get the documentation.

You can also follow the news at http://blog.beamdog.com/
    Oh, I know of the Beamblog, but in my admittedly limited experience with watching it, they hardly cover scripting functions there.
    Is there something on the Trello board perhaps?
    I just can't find the "that's new in v74.xxxx" documentation.
    edited June 2018
    Apparently there is also a source of release notes to be found here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/allnews/

According to @niv, this is the place where beta/development notes are posted. Official release notes for full patches are also on the beamdog blog. The same text is in the game downlaod (lang/en/).
    Post edited by prwo on