Skip to content

Importing a Character Using iPad BG1-Enhanced Completed Game Save/Character

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble loading up a character that I created on my iPad. I completed the game on the iPad, and now I would like to play all of the expansions/sequels/etc on my computer. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't seem to recognize the character file. I don't know if I'm doing this right or if the iPad version is simply incompatible with the computer version of the game. The file I took from my ipad was named, "CHARACTER.bg1character". I assumed that's all I needed for a successful transfer. Am I doing this incorrectly or am I just doomed to replay the first game (which I honestly don't want to do, even if it was a fun game).

Thank you!

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited May 2018
    The bg1character is a compressed file. If using on a computer, unzip the content (CHR and possibly BIO files) to your documents/~gamename~/characters folder.
  • RagingNoobaholicRagingNoobaholic Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! Apparently this is only the character alone though. How do I transfer my character from the end of a game (meaning gear/accomplishments/etc) to a new story (BG1EE-->Black Pits, et cetera)?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    On iOS a character export goes to a location where that game can re-use it, and to the send to pop-up so it can be used elsewhere.

To re-use a BG:EE character in BG:EE you can cancel or ignore the send to version and the character will be available to a new BG:EE game or BP game. Importing to BG:EE should retain equipment and experience. BP is designed to remove everything from starting characters so only experience will be retained.

To re-use a BG:EE character in one of the other games, you will need to use the send to pop-up, and then open it with either Siege of Dragonspear or BGII:EE. Once you do that, you should be able to use Import -> character in those apps. Using an exported save rather than a character should allow you to transfer additional elements where allowed (such as items that are only available if transferred from a preceding game).