ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
Man I feel like making this party:

Blade
Blade
Skald
Skald
Vanilla Bard
Jester

But do the Skald song's stack? If they do, 3 Skalds might be worth it? If not, either 2 Jesters or 3 Blades instead would be hilarious.

SING ALL THE SONGS |m|
jackjackDreadKhanJuliusBorisovlolienAristilliusatcDaveArdulAedan

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    You've never played IWD before, have you? Vanilla bard has (multiple) different songs. They have similar and widely considered superior songs to the bard kits.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovlolienAristillius
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Skald gives WAY more offense, Vanilla is much better for defence. Skald is a better support archer when needed.

iirc, Skalds stack, but I'd rather have 3 Blades supported by 1 Skald and Vanilla.

Jester should go invisible to soften up mobs, and be likely your primary combat caster.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • SigleafSigleaf Member Posts: 22
    Skald is the best bard, at 15 that -4 AC with +4 dmg/attack is invaluable. Sith is decent but mostly just to cap off your characters in between fights, skald all the way and it honestly breaks the game and makes it far to easy, even in the early going with the +2 song.
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
    edited November 2014
    meagloth said:

You've never played IWD before, have you? Vanilla bard has (multiple) different songs. They have similar and widely considered superior songs to the bard kits.

Sorry but yes I have. You didnt read my question did you? I am not even asking about vanilla bards, I just wanna know wether skalds still stack or not so I can decide how to give a shape to my all Bard party. I know all the rest of it. I just think it would be great fun running around with 6 bards supporting eachother. Seems feasible.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Yes. I would take three skalds and only one blade.
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
    Multiple skalds dont work apparantly.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I did some tests.

A Skald is still able to cast Mislead/Project Image/Simulacrum and let the clone sing for him.

Multiple songs of the same type never stack (WCotS or the Skald's song for example).
    JuliusBorisovMathsorcererjackjackQuartz
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Gotural said:

I did some tests.

A Skald is still able to cast Mislead/Project Image/Simulacrum and let the clone sing for him.

Multiple songs of the same type never stack (WCotS or the Skald's song for example).

Never tested that, but I bet each Jester Song in action forces a seperate Save.
    jackjack
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Well, it's too bad skalds can't throw boiling water on their enemies. That would make them real fun.
    DJKajuruSharGuidesMyHandQuartz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
    bards level so fast, this is totally a doable party, even in HOF.

can even do decent magic damage, since a lot of the low level spells are not level limited for damage, and bards level very fast.

so you can get the best of both worlds. Also, you can use summons for tanks (works well in HOF, because the summons scale in health along with the enemies), and keep your melee bards as your high dps units.

there might be some rough spots, but I don't think a party of bards would actually have too much problem with this game.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Shyn said:

Man I feel like making this party:

Blade
    Blade
    Skald
    Skald
    Vanilla Bard
    Jester

I'm currently toying with the possibility of a nearly all-bard (with one cleric/thief) party - perhaps you could provide an update on how this one turned out?
    Quartz
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    hm what a nice idea. I just finished my all druid play. The next party idea will be: blade, bard, skald, swashbuckler, cleric of lathander/tempus, blade
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Danacm said:

hm what a nice idea. I just finished my all druid play. The next party idea will be: blade, bard, skald, swashbuckler, cleric of lathander/tempus, blade

For anyone here who is currently considering an all-bard playthrough of their own, there's a thread full of GREAT modded bard kits here, which the creator says should be compatible with IWD:EE: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62913/v1-2-bardic-wonders-a-kit-and-item-pack-for-bards/p1