Skip to content

Mods and/or cheats on Mobile

diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
edited August 2012 in Android (Archive)
Just wondering if there is going to be support for

a) using CLUAConsole, and

b) WeiDU mods in the mobile versions of BG:EE...

And if anybody wanted to work on a GateKeeper clone for Android I would buy it for a dollar.

Edit: More info... I was able to apply mods to my GemRB installation by mounting my tablet's file system in Windows and running the mod installer on it.

Comments

• NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    In theory people will have access to the override folder at least, but I suspect that custom mods that don't require executable patching should be fairly easy to integrate. Of course, Android's a bit of a different animal than iOS so this is something we'll have to figure out going forward.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    edited September 2012
    Perhaps somebody can create a "bgee mod installer for android" that can install any mod that is installable on the PC?
    I don't know a whole lot about how the andriod OS works, but perhaps it's worth a shot.

Edit: I just submitted the idea in the "modding" section of the forums, so I guess we can see what anybody else thinks.
    Post edited by sepotter on
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    I got wonderful idea in a feature patch why not inter grade into the game it self and have it at the menu screen called "Custom Mods" where people can add-on though the game is this good idea?

To make it easier for people then have to do the hassle on manually.... just idea....
  • CraigMooGaCraigMooGa Member Posts: 12
    @TrentOster tweeted me earlier confirming that the console will NOT be on tablets, but I asked about the iPad specifically, so its possible it'll still be on for Android. The wording of his reply suggests that all tablet editions will be lacking the console though.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

@TrentOster tweeted me earlier confirming that the console will NOT be on tablets, but I asked about the iPad specifically, so its possible it'll still be on for Android. The wording of his reply suggests that all tablet editions will be lacking the console though.

did he say anything about release dates for Android?