Skip to content

NWN EE Gifted??

LordLestatLordLestat Member Posts: 17
edited May 2018 in Technical Support
My son got the NWN EE gifted to him and he downloaded everything and he can play it ok. But it won't open an area in the toolset and how do you get all the old mods and files in the new game. Did it get installed wrong or in wrong spot? My son just did the clicking.
Post edited by LordLestat on

Comments

• LordLestatLordLestat Member Posts: 17
    I was looking for the download and all there is is the beamdog file. Is that supposed to replaced my old NWN file? And if so do I just transfer my old nwn stuff to that folder? And as I said when I open the toolset the mod opens but when I go to open and area it gives an access error.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @LordLestat Please opt in the development build and try it in the beta version of the next patch.
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    No, if you're installing NWN:EE either via Beamdog client it should have it's own folder or if installed via steam should have it's own steam library folder. All your custom modules, haks, overrides, saves, localvault, ini files and the like are located in your documents folder under a seperate "Neverwinter Nights" folder. Don't copy anything into the beamdog/steam NWN:EE folder as the Beamdog client or Steam might see such as having incorrect files and remove/edit them.

You're fine keeping a copy of 1.69 and EE on the same computer incase you play servers on both versions so you can switch back and forth, otherwise you can delete the 1.69 instalation if you don't believe you'll play it any longer (though do backup your cd-key, modules, overrides, haks and the like if you feel you need to before hand.)

I'm not sure what troubles you're having with the toolset, there's a few known bug I think but I've not been following them and cannot offer you any assistance with that.

Hope that helps.
  • LordLestatLordLestat Member Posts: 17
    OK and thanks for the info. I thought I read that your old mods could be converted or updated to the EE patch, similar to that of doing an update to NWN. How can I go about doing that?
  • ricoyungricoyung Member Posts: 83
    I copied my 1.69 mods, including a PW to my new NWNEE install dir example: O:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Neverwinter Nights\data\mod. Not sure where the BD client will install it.
    They all play just fine...and I think was able to get the old PW working online too. (I need to do more testing on that). BTW Did you play Awakening?
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    ricoyung said:

I copied my 1.69 mods, including a PW to my new NWNEE install dir example: O:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Neverwinter Nights\data\mod. Not sure where the BD client will install it.
    They all play just fine...and I think was able to get the old PW working online too. (I need to do more testing on that). BTW Did you play Awakening?

They should go into your documents and settings folder, under the Neverwinter Nights directory, putting them in the steam library folder may have them removed by steam when it updates possibly as it detects files that aren't in the base install steam knows about at updating. In general it's just better practice to put them where they're suppose to be going regardless.

OK and thanks for the info. I thought I read that your old mods could be converted or updated to the EE patch, similar to that of doing an update to NWN. How can I go about doing that?

Within your documents folder on windows you'll have a Neverwinter Nights directory with your cdkey, the nwn.ini files, localvault, modules, overrides and haks folder within that you can place such in. YOu shouldn't need to "update" or convert them they should generally work fine if you place them inside said folders.
    ricoyung
  • ricoyungricoyung Member Posts: 83
    tfox, Absolutely correct, I have my mods in both places/directories (install location and Documents folder)
    *probably redundant. I can't remember if I put them in both (probably did lol) to be on the "safe" side so to speak, but yes they do work.
    tfox