Skip to content

Permanent death / no reload mod

Hello guys, I was just checking all the mods threads looking for a permadeath or no-reload. Because I like the challenge but when it comes to a companion or charname death I use to reload (yes i know, i'm to weak..)

Do you know if there is a way or mod that lets you play without reloading (only continue last save), like Darkest Dungeon for example.

Thanks!!

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited June 2018
    Ya just have to force yourself to start over when going this route. Just don't manually re-load, (hit quit) and then start the game over again when charname is killed. That's the usual no re-load style. There is nothing that makes one re-load in the game itself. I use an extra little twist where no npc's are allowed to be raised as well (another manual choice, as there are no mods for that either). Once I got started on this style I never could get used to re-loading again, even once, before I lost interest in the run afterwards. B)
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • LagartoLagarto Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the answer man :)
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    We have a no-reload threads as well, in General Discussion and playthroughs. Mostly these are runthroughs from BG1 to ToB.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    This mod lets you have only autosaves, though I prefer more flexibility for bugfixing / tweaking if necessary.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58723-mod-rough-world/#entry594454
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I always set number of quick saves to 1, disable the reload shortcut key and use the 'continue' button in the main gui when restarting a session.