Skip to content

CEP Brownies & Wemics -- Helping an Old Dwarf Understand

Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
Hail to you my fair brothers and sisters,

CEP Brownies & Wemics -- How can we disable them?

Or maybe a better question, what is the best way to modify them? Since the 8176 patch, these 2 species show up in the Races list, and both get a fancy +7 stat bonus to their primary attribute. Looking for ideas and how to mitigate it, or make it less worse, so that balance is restored.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Modify the races 2da file from cep and remove them and put your modified 2da file in a top hak and have it above the cep ones.
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    For my uses, I change their racial modifiers, as I think the Wemic's appearance is pretty cool. I edited the Racialtypes.2da from the CEP to make the Wemics have +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha, and modified the Brownies to have -4 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha. Don't know why the CEP races have odd racial bonuses instead of even ones anyway, considering PnP Wemics have even stat bonuses.

As for removing them from the player list, all you have to do is set their PlayerRace column to 0 and they won't show up anymore.
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Of course! I couldn't see the forest through the trees!

Thank you, sir. Not bad for a pointy-ear. I'll say good things at the tavern about you tonight.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited June 2018
    DerpCity said:

For my uses, I change their racial modifiers, as I think the Wemic's appearance is pretty cool. I edited the Racialtypes.2da from the CEP to make the Wemics have +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha, and modified the Brownies to have -4 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha. Don't know why the CEP races have odd racial bonuses instead of even ones anyway, considering PnP Wemics have even stat bonuses.

As for removing them from the player list, all you have to do is set their PlayerRace column to 0 and they won't show up anymore.

They did that because Wemic is a level adjust +3 in PNP they do not have even stat adjustment. If you playing with a party of 4 level characters the weamic would start his class at level 1. Some dm give them a 10% xp penalty for each Level adjustment to offset this over time. It it all goes with the rules in savage species and playing monster races. If they made the bownie size Tiny the engine will only allow him/her to wield short swords and daggers size weapons.

You could add racial feat with the level adjustment information and script in system for them. It not too hard.
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    @ShadowM I'm aware of the Level Adjustment and other racial bonuses they're supposed have, such as monstrous levels and natural armor, but my concern was the fact their actual ability scores are increased by Odd Numbers rather than Even Numbers. The stats I found for the Wemic (which I found on D&D tools here) say the Wemic has +8 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, and -2 Cha, meaning that the CEP subtracted one from all but the charisma modifier. I imagine this is simply a copy and paste from the original mod, but I can't imagine any balancing reason as to why the mod creator would do it, considering how little they actually reduced their stat bonuses.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    LOL I agree and that the one I was looking at too. I see what you mean now. :)