Skip to content

Edwin/Rasaad bug

jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
So, I have no idea if this has been brought up before, but since I am playing on Legacy of Bhaal mode, Rasaad has been dying ALOT for me and I have been doing alot of reloads. And one thing I am absolutely sure of is that everyime Rasaad dies, Edwin will go into his "At last, the witch dies" voice prompt. Essentially, he is saying what he says when Dynaheir is killed every time Rasaad goes down.

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    For some reason Edwin is programmed to react to Rasaad in death.2DA instead of Dynaheir. I think this is a side effect of Beamdog attempting to get Edwin to comment on Rasaad's death in SoD, (Edwin's REACT_TO_DIE_SPECIFIC slot is changed when SoD starts to: "FINALLY. Did anyone else find him SO. TIRESOME?"). It seems the devs didn't consider how their changes would affect the game pre-SoD, as, yes, the line meant for Dynaheir's death (which now never plays when she dies, mind you) plays when Rasaad dies.
    jjstraka34JuliusBorisovlolien
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, that sounds like exactly what happened. Well, it's definitely a bug, but it seems unlikely this can be fixed soon since 2.5 is in Beta already. I have made a note of it as a new issue on the official bug report site, hopefully it can be looked into.
    Post edited by jjstraka34 on
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Exactly BECAUSE the game is in beta, it's highly recommended to report the bug so that it could get looked at ASAP.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850

Exactly BECAUSE the game is in beta, it's highly recommended to report the bug so that it could get looked at ASAP.

Yes, I did make a report as instructed in the Sticky thread. I initially put it in the wrong category but someone moved it to the correct one a few hours later.
    JuliusBorisovlolien