Skip to content

Party ideas

Hi,

I try to find my next play with some thematic parties, what do you think about the following:

The holy crusade
undead hunter, cleric, abjurer, sorcerer, bard, swashbuckler

The dirty "dozen"
blackguard, cleric, shapeshifter, necromancer, bard, assassin

The nature army
berserker, druid, dragon disciple, bard, archer, bounty hunter

+1 the caster
avanger, dragon disciple, swashbuckler/cleric, bard
Rik_KirtaniyaGusinda

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    All four parties could use a higher percentage of heavily armored front-line warriors, for my taste.

Unless backtracking out of half-cleared dungeons all the time so that the spellcasters can rest and replenish their spells, is part of the theme... :tongue:
    SharGuidesMyHandIamdorf
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Girls wearing topless-bikini serving drinks, shirtless guys bathed in oil flexing muscles inside cages.

Rivers of beer and whiskey!

That's my idea of a party.
    Balrog99
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    ineth said:

All four parties could use a higher percentage of heavily armored front-line warriors, for my taste.

Unless backtracking out of half-cleared dungeons all the time so that the spellcasters can rest and replenish their spells, is part of the theme... :tongue:

Agreed, I would suggest swapping out at least one (probably arcane) caster in each party for another fighter-type character. You could make it a multi- or dual class - either fighter-cleric or fighter-druid - so that they could also double as a backup healer (you can never have too many of those in IWD IMO).

Having said that, love your "Dirty (Half-)Dozen" idea. B)
  • Tartle_WizardTartle_Wizard Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2018
    Too many IWD strategies put too much emphasis on needing heavily armored fighter types, but you can get through the game without that, especially if you reduce your party size to four. I usually play through with four characters and they level up a little faster and it balances out. Without warriors, you just gotta get good at filling rooms with area effect spells, ranged attacking, and summoning monsters. In my opinion the game is way more fun that way.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    solo dragon disciple.
  • IamdorfIamdorf Member Posts: 60
    The first one (holy crusade) sounds easiest from a gameplay standpoint. The plus one caster would probably be the one I use for IWDII ;)