Skip to content

Weidu on Android

Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
Does dropping files from weidu mods in override have an affect?

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Allanon81, do you mean just extracting the files from the mod and copying them into override without running WeiDU?

If so, you do lose any updated descriptions and any scripting changes etc that WeiDU might do. A lot WeiDu based mods also edit the installed files rather than replacing them, so you might find that only half the mod works or none. Having said that, there are some mods that would probably have do worries about just being copied into the override folder.

To answer your Q though, yes it would have an effect; it might be good, it might not be... It just depends on what the mod is doing. Which mods are you looking at in particular?

Gus

• Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    @Gusinda, well I was looking at Sounds of the Sword Coast and there was an NPC mod that allows you to change any NPCs' class that you recruit to a more specialized class. I've used the NPC mod before. I believe it was for bg2. I can't remember what it's name was and I know I just dropped it into the override and PRESTO! it worked. I was wondering if there was also one for bg1?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Allanon81, there is a mod that will allow you to change NPCs (NPC_EE) but I don't think it would work by just copying into the override folder. There is also Level 1 NPCs byt again, I am unsure whether it would work by just copying.

Gus
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.