Skip to content

Star Wars games

13»

Comments

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited May 2018

Also I was happy to see the Pod Racer game go on GOG last week.

I legitimately think Episode 1: Pod Racer is the best Star Wars game that has ever been released (yes, better than KotoR 1 & 2). It's the perfect vision of an F-Zero-style racer in that universe, and you really get a sense of a interplanetary racing syndicate that takes place on a whole plethora of planets. My only worry about the PC version would be if it supports a modern XBox controller, and even if it does, I'd still wonder how it controls because the N64 controller was so integral into how that game controlled. One of the only things universally praised about "The Phantom Menace" at the time was the podracing scene, and playing the game felt EXACTLY how you would have imagined. The only knock I'd have on the entire endeavor is that it almost seems like some of the participants (and the amount of them) in the movie may have been inserted specifically so a game like this could fill out it's roster. It's hard to really wrap your head around how big a cash-grab that movie was in 1999 in hindsight. There wasn't anything that wasn't monetized (I'm reminded of literally saving empty Pepsi and Mountain Dew cans with the characters on them until I had the whole set sitting a shelf).
    BelleSorcierelefreut
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Episode 1: Pod Racer was also on PC at the time, and I played it with a flight stick.

I didn't pick it up on GOG, so I don't know what it uses for a controller.

This thread may be of assistance:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/how_to_map_x360xone_controller_to_sw_episode_i_racer
    jjstraka34
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910

Yeah, KOTOR's technology is basically the movie era with some different names.

I found that pretty weird at first. But they keep having these mega-super-extra-devastating wars of doom in this setting. So I guess the technology keeps advancing until one of those wars comes along and beat everyone back to whatever the Star Wars equivalent of the stone age is. Like the Rakatan technology that seems way more advanced than the movie era, even though it's... what? 25 000 years before or something like that?
    ThacoBell
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Maybe there is simply a limit beyond which there is no more advanced version of something?
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Sure, but judging by their computers they haven’t quite reached that point by the first movie :p