Skip to content

NWNR Neverwinter Nights Revamped

TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
I have been working on revamping the old standard tilesets that came with the game. I have been posting and talking about it from time to time on the Vault, but I thought I would post about it here as well.

This is what I'm doing

I'm revamping the old standard tilesets in a way to give them a new fresh look without changing the walkmesh. These hacks can be used with old modules or PWs along with new ones.

If you would like to help with this project just let me know.

If not I will still be working on it my self but it will just take longer.

Comments

• dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    This looks super, for my purposes I wonder if it will be compatible with cep and crap tileset additions?
  • TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    This project will only override/change the looks of the Standard Tilesets. It will not doing anything to the looks of new tilesets.

I don't use CEP but I do understand that it has some of its own tilesets that don't have anything to do with the standard tilesets. This project will not change any other project or haks that don't have anything to do with the standard tilesets.
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Yes, they do have their own, and some overwritten defaults, same with crap. I guess I'll have to experiment a little. :)
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Nice work, maybe update the torches too.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    You should call your project nwn:ee.
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    Would be cool if we could get some sort official support from Beamdog for this and have it be a standard part of the game.
    edited June 2018

Post edited by Tonden on
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    The statics of your doorways don't work. There's nothing that's holding the stones above the doors in place. Sooner or later they'd just crash down. The archs in the original, even if they didn't look nice, were there for a reason. Look at the top of the doors and windows in Baba Yaga's Nyrnburg tileset if you have it. A02_04 is a good example. You could make an arch like that for the door. I'd suggest to add one more stone on each side though so the arch stretches across the whole top of the door and move it down a little, so there's no rest of the wall visible below it. This would make the doorway look better and also more believable.

There they are in / fixed so smile :smile: now

Playing from the top down works if you play with Auto Fade On