Skip to content

Multiplayer in Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition

MalagantMalagant Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
edited June 2018 in Troubleshooting
Hi there,

I bought Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition twice on two different Steam-accounts, so that my wife and I would be able to play a multiplayer game together, but we seem to have so many bugs that it is an actual gamebreaker. We are now stuck and can get no further.

In the beginning, as we walked around in Candlekeep, we seemed to have two issues:

1. My wife seemed to be kicked out of the sessions (the sessions are hosted by me) every once in a while - mostly when I do bartering and dialogues, but not when there is movement, action or fighting. It happens often (every 5-10 minutes or so) and is rather annoying, as she has to log in again while I wait for her.

2. Eventhough I allow her to initiate dialogue and to spend party money in the settings, she is not allowed to do any of this as her clicking on NPC's (merchants, villagers, questgivers etc.) simply results in absolutely nothing.

These two issues were more than annoying enough for us, but we agreed to continue on to The Friendly Arm Inn to see if the situation would have changed by then (figured it could be a problem isolated around Candlekeep or something like that)

As we met up with Gorion and left Candlekeep, things just changed from difficult to impossible. After he was slain and Imoen came up and joined the party, my wife simply got a black screen ind the middle. She could see all the tabs in the left side (inventory, character etc.) but she could not click them though. The screen in the middle (the actaul playing area) was totally blacked out. The only thing that was active and working was the chat window. This problem persisted no matter how many times we restarted sessions og changed character assignment among us. That actually prevents us from going any further.

This is of course very frustrating as we bought an extra license for this game just yesterday for this sole purpuse.

Could you please help os solve all these issues, so that we can actually get to enjoy this wonderful game together?

Kind regards,
Torben Sterup (and his wife, Maja)
Post edited by Malagant on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm sorry to see you had problems with the game. It would be helpful to know (for debugging purposes and I'm sure for anyone who might encounter these issues) what you did to address the problem.
  • MalagantMalagant Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    We found out we had to install the Beta1 and did so. That solved our imediate problems, but as we progressed the issue with my wife being costantly kicked out of the session came back more and more frequently and now, as we have reached Beregost it is the same again. Every 5-10 minutes or so, she is thrown out and often has no possibility to act as she reach an inactive and non responding screen when she gets back on.

We have now given up and stopped playing, which is annoying because we bought an extra copy of this game and because we put a lot of time and effort into this - but mostly beacusae we will not be able to finish the game. We have now stopped playing entirely!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This is sad to hear, @Malagant . Please, make sure you report this issue at https://support.baldursgate.com/ - our bug-tracking site. The better repro steps and more detail you can provide in your bug report (especially about these Multiplayer bugs), the better chances to fix the appropriate bug will be.