Skip to content

Do you have this bag of holding problem?

Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
If you put a stack of unidentified items in the bag of holding, then you put a stack of same-but-identified items in there, reasonably they will not stack up with each other.
The problem is, when you want to take out one of those items, you will always end up taking out two, a identified one and a unidentified one.
I wonder if this has been reported, if anyone is having the same problem, or if it's just me.
I am playing an unmodded game of v2.3.67.1.
ZaghoulReliant

Comments

• Oswald81Oswald81 Member Posts: 63
    Never heard of that one, but that BOH with Dragomir's Respite has the curious case that if I remove that casket it weights 1000lbs and can't be removed. Was less than threilled when I found that out.
    ThacoBellQuartzProont
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Joan_Daro said:

If you put a stack of unidentified items in the bag of holding, then you put a stack of same-but-identified items in there, reasonably they will not stack up with each other.
    The problem is, when you want to take out one of those items, you will always end up taking out two, a identified one and a unidentified one.
    I wonder if this has been reported, if anyone is having the same problem, or if it's just me.
    I am playing an unmodded game of v2.3.67.1.

Yeah, happens to me, just limitation of the engine i believe, not a game killer but be GREAT if it was fixed.
    Zaghoul
  • The_CheesemanThe_Cheeseman Member Posts: 175
    Yes, this is a common issue for me, especially with the ammo belt. I have found that if you select the stack of ammo that is lowest on the list, you can remove that entire stack, and the same number of that ammo will be removed from the higher stack(s) as well. If there are any more left in the higher stack, you can them remove them as normal.

Because of this bug, I often just don't identify ammo, anymore. I can recognize it all by icon anyway, and there are no cursed version.
    BorekZaghoulJoan_Daro
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    This has happened with all the containers in my experience, at least in BG1. I've gotten a little used to it by now, but do agreed it could use an improvement. It gets tougher when not having two inventory spaces free outside the container. B)
    Borek
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is a known bug that should be addressed in the release version of the 2.5 patch, hopefully.
    lolienZaghoul
  • DesiderataDesiderata Member Posts: 8
    This isn't just the BoH that does this, but all the containers. I've noticed this with scroll cases and arrow cases as well. Pretty annoying.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    You can use it to your benefit. For instance if you have in a scroll case 2 different unidentified scrolls of protection from magic, along with an identified version, you can tell which unidentified one is the fake by removing it from the case alone.
    ZaghoulAerakarProontRaduziel