Skip to content

Add skill bonus feat to feat.2da easier.

ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
This is a trello one, I always thought it was weird how skill bonus feat were so hard to add to the game.
Can we get two new columns in feat.2da Skill / SkillbonusAm
Where skill is the skills.2da number that getting the bonus and SkillbonusAm is the amount. This could easily work with custom skills too. This would save scripting solutions. With all the new races/classes that will be coming this would be helpful and I can see BD using it also.

Comments

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    The same can be said for other things too, in fact skill increases are easier than many things. In an effort to keep the 2da from getting too crowded maybe they should have a StaticBonusType column and a StaticBonusValue column. Then they can reference a staticbonustype.2da where skill_x is a row but so is initiative, critical threat confirmation bonus, hit points, dr piercing equivalency, attack bonus, damage bonus, ability bonus, save bonus, save bonus vs descriptor, bonus feats, bonus skill points as flat increase, bonus skill points per level, bonus vs situational combat (ranged/unarmed/melee/concealment) etc.
    ZeroarkpscytheShadowMGrymlorde
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited May 2018

The same can be said for other things too, in fact skill increases are easier than many things. In an effort to keep the 2da from getting too crowded maybe they should have a StaticBonusType column and a StaticBonusValue column. Then they can reference a staticbonustype.2da where skill_x is a row but so is initiative, critical threat confirmation bonus, hit points, dr piercing equivalency, attack bonus, damage bonus, ability bonus, save bonus, save bonus vs descriptor, bonus feats, bonus skill points as flat increase, bonus skill points per level, bonus vs situational combat (ranged/unarmed/melee/concealment) etc.

I know it the easier one for us to change, but my statement is it easier for BD to change and starting with one thing as a test subject is better then jumping into all the things at once. I like your idea, but I still suggest that the staticbonusType start with skills as a test and then you still need staticbonustype.2da to point to all sorts of sub information, like which skill and DR types, attack bonus vs types, damage bonus types, save bonus types etc.. so the staticbonustype.2da would be really full also. So my opinion is still to just start with my suggestion and/or start with your suggestion, but only add one thing at a time for better testing and I see skills being the easiest/useful for BD to add.
  • JBobbJBobb Member Posts: 29
    They need to fix how the game reads the Skills.2da in addition to this for it all to work properly. Currently you can't pad the skills.2ds and if down the road they see the need to add a new skill (like what happened with Ride), it'll mess with everyone's custom added skills.
    ShadowM