Skip to content

Shoal the Nereid Raises ALL of your Dead

Title says it all. I was not aware until today that negotiating with the sirine resulted in her bringing back not just the dead NPC she kissed, but everyone who's dead in your party.

I've been playing a run where I told myself it's only OK to reload if my main character dies, but every other loss I have to take–no use of temples to resurrect characters. Once they're dead, they're dead.

So... I'm in Chapter Four of BG1, and Shoal just resurrected not just the kissed NPC, but also Xzar, who was killed by a Wild Dog next to the Nashkel Mines and has had a greyed-out portrait for some time. Rotting for a couple of weeks in-game by my estimation. Fitting of a Necromancer I suppose!

(He's uhh, got some catching up to do in terms of experience level but he's my favorite BG1 NPC so I'm happy to have him back.)
OrlonKronsteenZaghoulronaldoRaduzielGrond0dunbarJuliusBorisovNonnahswriterThacoBellUnderstandMouseMagicGreenWarlockConjurerDragonJDow[Deleted User]

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Quartz said:

Xzar, who was killed by a Wild Dog next to the Nashkel Mines

And nice to hear Xzar is back. I hope Monty is taking it alright...

Sure, a wild dog did it.

JuliusBorisovQuartzGreenWarlockOrlonKronsteen
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I believe it was just a limitation of the engine who couldn't accurately tell who exactly in the party died.
    Quartz