Skip to content

Cheating your alignment

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
Is there an easy way to cheat to control your character's alignment? I want to be a pale master but I can't stop myself from doing good deeds.

I have had some success in the past using dm_runscript commands, but the easiest scripts to use seem to require a very specific condition to work. Specifically I have run scripts like x0_d1_didevilhge, but they only seem to work when certain dialog windows are open, such as the dialog with the Relic of the Reaper in HotU. Obviously this wouldn't work in other modules so I am not quite sure what to do in other modules.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Thanks @DerpCity!

In the mean time I had found my own way which was far more convoluted than that. It involved editing every module I had, but now I can stop doing that!
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2018
    You could also make it permanent by removing the alignment restrictions for Pale Master in classes.2da and put it in your override folder. Just put 0x00 in the AlignRestrict and 0x01 in AlignRstrctType columns respectively.

The attached classes.2da already have the modifications made.
    Post edited by pscythe on
    edited June 2018
    @pscythe Thanks, I think I will do that as well. Also, in that file I noticed that there is a 2 in the ArcSpellLvlMod column. I assume that affects the formula for adding pale master levels to effective caster level of my spells, correct? I modded my game to allow adding pale master levels and I was wondering if I could change that number to, say 1.5, to get a little more power from my pale master.

Edit: Experimentation seems to indicate that the game can only understand whole numbers appearing in this column, unless I am missing something...
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    ArcSpellLvlMod determines spell slots rather than caster levels. It is used to divide your PM levels before adding it to your base caster class to determine spell slots.

From http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Pale_master

Pale master levels augment spell slots, but otherwise do not affect spellcasting. Thus, a level 10 sorcerer / 19 pale master has the same spells per day as a level 20 sorcerer, but has a caster level of only 10 and only knows as many spells as a level 10 sorcerer.

Yes it does appear to be that only whole numbers are accepted for this column, so the biggest cheat you can get with this is setting to 1.
    I now realize that I could have just used the crafting dialog with the scripts that exist in the base game...