Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

No Flame Blade for Clerics in IWD:EE ? (Intentional or Bug?)

I started a new F/M/C solo insane run a couple of days back and, to my great surprise, I found that Flame Blade is not present in the Cleric spellbook. I am pretty sure that it was there for clerics in BG2. But since this is the first time I'm playing a plain cleric (earlier I had only played with "un-fixed" Ranger/Clerics, so they had access to both Cleric as well as Druid spellbooks), so I don't know if clerics should be getting this spell or not. Anyways, is the absence of Flame Blade in the IWD Cleric spellbook intentional, or is it a bug?

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 1,227
    Intentional - IWD is a lot stricter with it's priest spells, while looser with it's mage spells, following closer to the PnP source.
    There are a lot of spells Clerics and Druids don't get in IWD that they do in BG.
    This is partially offset by their being a greater number of spells for each level in IWD.

Rik_KirtaniyaQuartzRaduziel