Skip to content

Check out my NWN:EE series

Title says it all. I'm not sure if this is a thing people want to watch or not. If you can stand the first episode check out the other two so I know that people want more episodes.

BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I tried a sampling, and it sounds like your commentary would be enjoyable, and the series would be something I'd enjoy watching, but there are some technical issues.

Your voice audio needs adjusting - it's booming and has a harsh edge to the sound. It's not your voice, it's something in your audio settings that is causing distortion. The only way I could tolerate it without my ears hurting was to turn my sound way down.

The video resolution is very blurry. I can't read any of the text windows in the game. Do you have a way to upload at a better resolution? Most YouTube posters seem to be able to do HD uploading just fine. Do you have internet speed issues, maybe?

Your character drawing is cute. I don't think I've ever watched a rogue playthrough before, especially not if you're "going to be a nice guy." :)

Most people who play rogues that I've seen kind of just go through the game looting and killing, and strike me as kind of evil, even if they don't admit it.

I would assume you're going to try to do the Moonstone Mask quests that involve robbing the estates. I think that takes some justification from a "neutral good" character, if you care about role playing your alignment. The game couldn't care less as far as any consequences, though.
    dTdDragonfolk2000
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377

I tried a sampling...

Your voice audio needs adjusting...

The video resolution is very blurry...

Your character drawing is cute...

Most people who play rogues...

I would assume you're....

The sound thing is something I've been working on. The more recent videos have some of the altered audio work that I've been trying.

Video resolution should be an easy fix. I think it's coming in at 720 x 480 right now (which is a cheap TV's resolution).

Yeah, I'm planning on jumping into the coding side of game design and development so my artwork isn't spot on. However, I would like to make my own games so actively practicing drawing is a must.

I've always liked honorable rogues like Robin Hood. I think if the opportunity presented itself the character would forgo a reward from a less fortunate person or group but not from a major organization or well-doing nobleman. 'I gotta pay the bills but food just doesn't sit right I know somebody else needed it more.' I don't know how well I'm going to stay in character for the series but that's in general what iI'm trying for.

The whole 'rogue' part of things is mainly to gain access to rogue stuff without needing to drag Tomi along with me. When I hit level 3 at the end of episode my third level is wizard. I also did not jump into the moonstone mask stuff due to my active attempts to keep the channel somewhat family friendly. Otherwise the locating the tomb sidequests would have been high on my list. A character of any alignment (including some lawful characters) would likely have no issue with visiting the Moonstone as long as it is legal in the city or it doesn't directly support evil beings. But that's a discussion for another time.

Thanks for checking out the video and giving constructive feedback.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    Making a video HD is not a problem. The problem comes from data consumption as moving from 720p to 1080p jumps the size of a video file massively. Like, we're talking from 5 GB to 80 GB. Until I find a way to reduce that number HD is just not feasible for a guy who currently makes no money on YouTube.