Skip to content

What are the 2.5 versions ?

MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
Hello. So im pretty new to the BG and IWD series. I know there are the Enhanced Editions of the games. Now you are creating 2.5 versions of the games? what exactly are those? Why are they called BETA? Are they finished? Are they compatible with the EE mods?

Comments

• CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    It's just a new patch to the games. A lot of bug fixes, some feature updates, a few small bits of extra content. Exactly what we're getting is as yet unclear, other than trying to get all BD Infinity games onto the same code base, but this is supposed to be a Big One, the kind they're taking their time to get just right before releasing.

It's probably only a real big deal for tablet/phone users. We haven't gotten an update in ages, so going from version 1.3 of Baldur's Gate 2 to version 2.5 will be a quite the change.
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    So they are still work in progress ? Are they compatible with the existing EE mods?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Mercilec

Are they WIP? Yes.

Are they compatible with EE mods? Depends on the mod, but usually yes.
  • PartureParture Member Posts: 2
    And are they compatible with GOG? For example I just bought the 2.3.67.3 version of Baldur's Gate today from GOG. In its Galaxy interface I can select Beta Channels and turn it OFF to ON. Does that mean I am playing the Beta version right now? And will I get the updated 2.5 when it is completed or do I have to buy the game again?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @Parture the beta is only available on Beamdog and Steam. When the final version is released, you will get the update on GoG.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited June 2018
    Is there a general timeframe/ETA for 2.5 on PC, at least for BGEE1? Im thinking of another playthrough and I have it on GOG. I'd love that loot all button :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    Mercilec said:

So they are still work in progress ? Are they compatible with the existing EE mods?

The 2.5 patch for IWDEE is available.
  • alexeiwc3gosualexeiwc3gosu Member Posts: 4

arght i cant really remember what was jaheira saying about seniards punishment?? i guess ill have to reload few times :))
  • alexeiwc3gosualexeiwc3gosu Member Posts: 4
    wow actually i just opted out of 2.5 beta patch changed the language to english, restarted game couple of times and reloaded to find out that in fact, If you dont have the beta 2.5 patch Seniyad will simply attack you and there is no such options as on the screenshot above.
    And if i chose placeholder 2. i can end the problem peacefully getting 1000 xp and no bloodshed.

The 2.5 patch does bring new features even though placeholders havent been fixed yet :p
    Opting back in the patch!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @alexeiwc3gosu It's because this is the new content added by the beta which is still not translated into Russian.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    omg, i love "Jaheira" transcripted to cyrillics :)
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I thought you would write it with a Ja (reverse R)