Skip to content

Darkness Over Daggerford build help

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
Hello,

I'm unsure if this is the right board to ask for build help but here we gooooo. I was thinking of starting this adventure soon playing as a gnome Bard and maybe taking levels in Shadowdancer or Pale Master. Can anyone help me with a build like selecting feats, which prestige class (if any) to take, and skill point allocation?

I know the Pale Master is weird and buggy and doesn't progress casting fully like it should and that its summons are bleh but the SKELETON ARM IS SO COOL. Also I know Shadowdancer itself is pretty meh and people usually and take levels for Hide in Plain Sight but SUMMONING SHADOWS IS SO COOL. So as you can probably tell I'm going for cool-ness over optimization. Anyway character stats probably will be

Str: 8
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 8
Charisma: 16

Now I can be persuaded to change these but those are the stats that fit the character's personality.

As for feats I have no idea. Weapon finesse, lingering song, curse song, extra music, dodge, mobility, and martial weapon proficiency seem like alright choices and I have no idea if it's more efficient to take 1 level of fighter or something for martial weapons or to take the feat. I'm pretty knowledgeable on 3.5/Pathfinder/5e and am aware of optimization for PnP but as for this 3.0 video game version I am unsure.

Also preemptive thanks for any help~!

Comments

• CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    I just started playing it today with a new dwarf rogue/ranger 4/4 and found the first fight very tough - i got killed 3 or 4 times - so if you play a bard be prepared with a defensive spell and maybe a bow. I've never played pale master or shadowdancer so i dont know what to tell you about the build.
  • SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
    Do you specifically want to play a caster bard? If not you can try playing a combat bard.