Skip to content

unfinished business isnt out for mac?

DeverothDeveroth Member Posts: 28
there is literally not a single topic on this issue on the entire internet..unbelievably i must be the only person on the planet with a mac looking to download UB for PSTEE. the only file available is for windows though, and theres not a single topic on this or any other forum where anyone even so much as addresses the mac.

is there a version for mac? where can it be found if yes, and if no, how long till there is one?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    PST-UB works equally well on Windows, macOS and Linux. However, only the Windows setup binary is included by default, since on macOS and Linux players tend to use mod managers or a global WeiDU binary for all their mods. You can download the macOS setup binary from here: http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/

Extract the "weidu" binary from the archive and rename it to "setup-PST-UB-reloaded". You may also have to make it executable first. The console command for this is: chmod +x setup-PST-UB-reloaded
  • DeverothDeveroth Member Posts: 28
    argent77 said:

PST-UB works equally well on Windows, macOS and Linux. However, only the Windows setup binary is included by default, since on macOS and Linux players tend to use mod managers or a global WeiDU binary for all their mods. You can download the macOS setup binary from here: http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/

Extract the "weidu" binary from the archive and rename it to "setup-PST-UB-reloaded". You may also have to make it executable first. The console command for this is: chmod +x setup-PST-UB-reloaded

i suppose this is helpful? so thanks?
    but i have no idea what on earth you’re talking about lol. binary? mod managers? weidu? how do i make something an executable? extract means unzip, right? console command for what? what console? in-game?

is there somewhere i can get step by step instructions to do whatever it is you just told me to do?
    i can’t believe the process is so ridiculously complex
    Mods for these games are installed by a command line tool, so it helps greatly to have a basic understanding how to use the command line.

Unfortunately I can't give detailed step-by-step instructions, as I don't have a Mac. Maybe @subtledoctor or @Luke93 can help out?
    yeah i have no idea if i have the knowledge you’re saying i need to have. hopefully those guys can help though so thanks.

why is this such an arcane ridiculously complicated process though? why isn’t there just a mac version, like there is for BGEEub? i just downloaded and installed that yesterday with no problems, and without this crazy level of programming/coding/whatevering knowledge you’re talking about.

can’t someone just make it? what’s with all the bullshit hoops to jump through?
    I have repackaged "PS:T Unfinished Business" (Link). Could you please try out if the new package format works for you?
    DeverothJuliusBorisov
    thanks! the format works, i downloaded it and unzipped it into the proper folder, followed the command prompts and got a successful message.

now i have a weidu.log that says i’ve installed all recommended componenents.

problem is when I start a new game, the initial Morte dialogue is the same as vanilla, with just 1 response to each line. so i’ve installed it...but it does nothing?
    same problem i’m having with BGEE, actually. i installed that ub mod which i heard among other changes removes rentable rooms from the Elfsong Tavern...so i dl’d it, installed it, got successful installation message and weidu.log. went to Elfsong...it still rents rooms. is there a box i have to check somewhere or something to activate these mods?
    Nevermind! i just installed the components one by one instead of using the catch-all option, loaded up a new game and immediately i can just ignore and walk away from Morte. 3+ dialogue options the whole way through. so it works now! thank you so much!

bgeeub still doesn’t work, but beggars can’t be choosers.
    Deveroth said:

problem is when I start a new game, the initial Morte dialogue is the same as vanilla, with just 1 response to each line. so i’ve installed it...but it does nothing?

That's intended. The catch-all component uses a more conservative approach for Morte's dialogs when installing all in one go, since most of his new lines are repeated in one way or another later in the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    _Luke_

My Mac Weidu Launcher should work just fine for PST mods. It's bundled with Weidu, so you only need to drop the Windows mod folder into your game folder, then run the launcher.

i really don’t have any idea what weidu actually is, or why i’d want to launch it. i don’t have to though; argent77 solved the issue by giving it to me simple. thanks anyway.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2018

My Mac Weidu Launcher should work just fine for PST mods. It's bundled with Weidu,....

It's bundled with an outdated version of WeiDU (i.e., v242) ---> You need at least v243 if you want to detect PST:EE..... You should probably release an update on Github (mmm, probably not.... I mean, it's always possible to use the latest version of WeiDU with your Launcher: it's sufficient to get it here and put it in the game folder before running your Launcher....)
    edited June 2018
    lol argent77 you were about 2000% more helpful than the two people you called on who’ve added nothing to this conversation.
    Luke93 said:

My Mac Weidu Launcher should work just fine for PST mods. It's bundled with Weidu,....

It's bundled with an outdated version of WeiDU (i.e., v242) ---> You need at least v243 if you want to detect PST:EE..... You should probably release an update on Github (mmm, probably not.... I mean, it's always possible to use the latest version of WeiDU with your Launcher: it's sufficient to get it here and put it in the game folder before running your Launcher....)
    wtf are you talking about? does this have anything whatsoever to do with my question?
    wonder if someone can lock this topic now that someone answered it.