Skip to content

Make undead enemies return to life 50% chance?

I'm trying to make a script which will give slain enemies (all undead) in the dungeon a 50% to be restored to life. Problem is, I am not sure how to make the script and how to ensure that creatures do not dissolve. Is that something feasible in NWN?

(I got the idea from Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul).

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    edited March 2018
    You can control this via the SetIsDestroyable settings on spawn.

Once the enemy is dead, their heartbeat stops, and any actions or delayed commands you give them will fail. Fortunately, the module or area can resurrect them, on heartbeat or assigned command.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Proleric said:

You can control this via the SetIsDestroyable settings on spawn.

Once the enemy is dead, their heartbeat stops, and any actions or delayed commands you give them will fail. Fortunately, the module or area can resurrect them, on heartbeat or assigned command.

I did think of assigning this to Area heartbeat! but wasn't aware of that function. Thank you kind sir. I'll try experimenting on it a little.

By extension, can I use an ondeathscript directly on creatures to play a special vfx on their death? to ensure players have a little of warning that said monsters aren't going to stay put for long?
  • squattingmonksquattingmonk Member Posts: 59
    edited March 2018
    Yes, you can use the OnDeath slot to apply the VFX. You can also use it to resurrect them:
    void NotDeadYet(object oTarget) { int nHP = GetMaxHitPoints(oTarget); effect eRes = EffectLinkEffects(EffectResurrection(), EffectHeal(nHP)); eRes = EffectLinkEffects(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_IMP_RAISE_DEAD), eRes); ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eRes, oTarget); } void main() { effect eVFX = EffectVisualEffect(VFX_IMP_DEATH); ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eVFX, OBJECT_SELF); if (Random(2)) { SetIsDestroyable(FALSE); DelayCommand(6.0, NotDeadYet(OBJECT_SELF)); } else SetIsDestroyable(TRUE); }
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited March 2018
    You can also add a text float above the undead like (You see some dark energy envelope the undead and sense that it destruction is only temporary inside the notdeadyet call)
    You could also add an area variable check for a desecrated area so only though areas have the 50% chance of the undead rising again and not every undead and could be used for quest to consecrate the area by the party and you can remove the variable maker. Need to add a undead check in there also if this going in the general on-death function. Oh and random need a +1 or it 0-2 call.
  • FaerûnFaerûn Member Posts: 39
    Any luck with this @Dark_Ansem? I think it's a really great idea, one that I was curious about when I tried the Diablo sever out a few days ago.
    Faerûn said:

Any luck with this @Dark_Ansem? I think it's a really great idea, one that I was curious about when I tried the Diablo sever out a few days ago.

I'm out of the country so I cannot test this until a couple weeks ahead. I'm gathering information so that I may test it asap.
    So, after a massive breakdown of my hardware (Premium warranty MY ARSE) I am back and I can say, I think this needs tweaking, as I am not sure this works as intended.
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    there is creature in CEP that does exactly this, Restless Skeleton
    Shadooow said:

oooh, time to reinstall then...
    Shadooow said:

have you had any chance to test this?