Skip to content

soundset.2da

Okay, it's in my override folder, just like the classic NWN, however, the extra voice options aren't activating when I try to make a new character.

Does the "soundset.2da" file go somewhere else, or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks, :)
Steve

Comments

• pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    Did you have the TYPE column set to 0?
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    I'll check, but everything is the same as it was for classic NWN... thanks.
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Mine doesn't work either. Miss those voice options.
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2018
    What built are you guys using? It works for me with the current stable 8176, after setting TYPE to 0.
    I use a Macintosh.

Oh, is there a stable patch to download?
    linux and windows for me and yes stable version though connecting to a pw which also has it in the override.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @dTd have you tried it with either a single player mod or a different pw? It could be that there is a version of that 2da in one of the haks for your current pw. So to do a quick test run a sp mod that doesn't use haks. If it then works the probability is that it is in one of the pw's haks (always assuming they use haks of course).

TR
    Trixter
    @TarotRedhand thanks, since it's my pw it does use haks, cep for example :)
    There is a soundset.2da in the CEP hak cep2_top_v24.hak. As haks are loaded after the contents of the override folder and overwrite any file with a similar name that is probably where your problem is. You can get around this by extracting the 2da, merging your data with it and creating your own top hak to go above the CEP haks in the list.

TR
    Thanks, I already had my own top hak, added it and it's working now. I wanted to avoid that but it's alright.

@dTd have you tried it with either a single player mod or a different pw? It could be that there is a version of that 2da in one of the haks for your current pw. So to do a quick test run a sp mod that doesn't use haks. If it then works the probability is that it is in one of the pw's haks (always assuming they use haks of course).

TR

Hey, Mac users don't have the toolset, so we can't create haks; could someone please e-mail me that hak?
    Then how would you use this new hak in a module? Any module would need it attached to it in the toolset for it to be used.
    Ah, I thought there was just some override that allows one to choose the voice set that was offered every time one created a character; thanks anyways though.
    Trixter said:

Ah, I thought there was just some override that allows one to choose the voice set that was offered every time one created a character; thanks anyways though.

Well, there is for nwn 1.69 but haks load after the over rides for ee now so that's why we're having this discussion :)
    Is there a main thread for implementing all things from classic NWN?
    Not sure about that but I think not, the change logs tell you what's been updated and changed and this entire forum is kind of dedicated to what your asking :)
    This forum, or the technical support forum??
    @Trixter All of them. I guess you'll have to follow the new posts and read over a lot of old stuff to get a grasp of all the changes and how to use them. There is no one stop shop as yet.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited July 2018
    @dTd said:

Well, there is for nwn 1.69 but haks load after the over rides for ee now

The load order for assets hasn't changed. It has always been that NwN first loads the built in stuff, then the contents of the override folder and finally hak packs. Also haks are loaded in a specific order specified in the toolset. Starting at the bottom of the list and working to the top. That is why there are such things as top haks. If a file with an identical name is encountered it will replace the one loaded earlier at each stage of this load process.

TR
    JuliusBorisov
    edited July 2018
    Alright than what's the explanation for the soundset.2da no longer working when put in the override where it did before? Using CEP for both examples? Well, I'll explain, the haks used to load after character creation, whereas now they load before, still a load order change if you ask me.