Skip to content

Which BG1 items transfer to BG2?

sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
I'm ashamed I don't know this information. I know there's a tier list of items that replace a few things you discover in Irenicus' Dungeon in BG2. I'm unable to find it, though.

I vaguely recall someone linking a definitive list on what items transfered with priorities over the other ones on the list but I can't seem to find that either. My google-fu is lacking.

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Thanks, man! Big help. :)
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    Or you can just transfer all of them by pausing the game while the screen is still black and putting everything you have on the ground. Just in case you were not aware of this little loophole.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I knew about that but always considered it cheating. I only ever do that when I feel like being cheesy.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I can justify it by saying my character is as paranoid as I am hehehe.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2012
    CaptRory said:

I can justify it by saying my character is as paranoid as I am hehehe.

I didn't know that you could do that. But I think you could justify it by saying it is what you would have been carrying when you were captured so it was likely to end up in Irenicus's dungeon. It's not like he's going to be ferrying your gear down to the Adventurer's Mart to sell it because he needs the money.

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    There's also a mod (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/18688-bg2soa-items-mod/) that adds select BG items to BG2, either to Irenicus's Dungeon or to Mencar Pebblecrusher's party, for extra incentive to take them down.
    I've found this mod is a bit of a mix between balance and RP. On one hand some of the BG items are good enough to stay with you throughout BG2 (like the cloak of Balduran) so it's no mean feat to get them early on, but on the other, since the items came to Athkatla with you it makes sense that at least some of them would still be nearby. And as it is said, powerful items gravitate towards powerful people.