Skip to content

Distributing beginning stats based on the way Nameless One looks anyone?

The user and all related content has been deleted.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Funny, I had this exact same issue when I first tried a serious playthrough of PST.

I would recommend giving him 16-17 str and then 15-16 in wisd and int. This way, you satisfy your own RP wishes but still have a fairly optimized (for this game, at least) character. Out of the three stats you listed, char is probably the least important, and besides, from an RP perspective, he doesn't look like he should have a whole lot anyway. ;)
    [Deleted User]
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    wisdom is the only stat that really matters. so i just give him alot of wis and some str and con because there are fights you can't avoid.
    [Deleted User]
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    Judging by the fact that he is supposed to be covered in scars, he should probably have a reasonable amount of Constitution as well, or am I wrong?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    well tno starting class is fighter and his appearance reflects that.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Yeah, I felt the same. Judging from the game's gritty appearance and TNO's metal looks, I thought your character should be geared towards combat. Unfortunately, you can't fully enjoy the game when you'r focused on Str and Con... :)
    [Deleted User]
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    I'm planning to start soon to play Planescape Torment for the first time, and I felt the same way.

For what I learned, researching about the game, it seems I'll be able to increase 1 ability point per level up for the Nameless One. So, I'm planning to start with maybe 15 Wisdom and raise it with level ups. I'll probably play as warrior, but I don't want the character to achieve 21-25 Str... So, I intend to use this ability points to raise mainly Wisdom and Constitution (as an immortal being, it makes sense to raise his Constitution up to 25, at some point).

So, I'll edit the character with EE Keeper to start with higher ability scores. Something like this:

Str 15
    Dex 15
    Con 16
    Int 13
    Wis 15
    Cha 11
  • JhaycenJhaycen Member Posts: 19
    The way I justify it (in my "head canon") is that while TNO has a lot of muscle mass, he has become physically weakened from dying and resurrecting so many times. Once, he was a pretty buff dude. But the forces of Entropy have taken their toll over time.

His numerous resurrections can also account for his very high intelligence and wisdom. While he can't immediately recall the memories of his former incarnations, they're still locked away in his mind. Parts of those memories can come to the surface at times, giving him a sort of sixth-sense and uncanny awareness of people, places and things that he *thinks* he has never encountered before. And, of course, charisma is not a measure of one's physical appearance -- it measures force of personality.
    Gusinda