I would like to know your opinion regarding my planned party composition for new IWD+HoW playthrough (Android, IWD:EE).
As per my requirements - I do not like micro management of thief on Android (it is truly annoying to position thief correctly there). I would also like to have covered arcane and both cleric and druid divine spells.
I, for some reasons, also like dual wield characters, as it seems funnier than single weapon or 1H+shield (I also consider added value of shield to be quite low compared to second weapon). It also allows me to utilize more kinds of weapons.
Therefore - I have planned sth like this:
- Sorcerer - Arcane magic, party leader (18 CHA, 16 WIS, 16 INT to get access to all discussion options based on these stats), aims for offensive spells
- Fighter -> Cleric - divine magic, dualed probably at 7, dual wield with flails, maces or war hammers. Dunno which is best in IWD. Here I am not sure about exp gain for party of 6 to estimate how quickly I would be able to utilize cleric spells and use dual wield efficiently. I would like to access higher level of cleric spells quicker than with Ranger / Cleric multi, altough it is also an option.
- Fighter / thief - elf with 19DEX and 18STR which serves as archer with option to go melee (I will probably stick to bows / crossbows tho)
- Fighter / druid - druidic divine spells - dual wield scimitars or clubs (think of Jaheira)
- Paladin (Cavalier) - 2H weapons
- Bard (probably Skald) - universal access to lower level arcane spells, utilizes scrolls and wands and provides arcane support spells
My other consideriations:
- Replace fighter / druid and Fighter -> Cleric with Ranger / cleric with heavy armor and the same dual wield options (with 2 pips in DW for ranger it might work even better?). I am not so sure about spell progression tho...
- Replace bard with Mage / Cleric to access both arcane and divine spells and also replace Fighter -> Cleric with Druid (Avenger) and Fighter / druid with Ranger (probably better dual wield character than fighter / druid). I would like to keep bard for his unique dialogs tho.
What do you think of this party? I am not sure how quickly I will be able to cast high level divine spells, but replacing fighter / cleric with pure cleric seems like I would be quite low on front line fighters and too high on spells.
I am also a bit afraid that I will became a bit underleveled, because I do not know how much XP there is in IWD without unnecesary grind.
EDIT: Another idea might be to get Ranger -> Cleric at lvl 1, which would not provide druidic spells, but would still give me free points in dual wield and quick progression in cleric spells