Skip to content

Custom portraits and capital letters ?

MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
Hi,

Is there a general thread how to deal with custom portraits for the enhanced games (especailly BGEE) because this is driving me crazy at the moment :smile:

What are the filename rules (the L/M thing, capital letters or not, …) ?

Why does a filename picture written/shown with capital letters stacks ?

Why do some files are written in capital letters and other not ?

Sometimes the L and the M pictures are considered by the game as separate pictures (and then will be shown twice). How do i avoid this ?

.. etc … AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Mordekaie, I can't answer most of your questions as I am unsure what the standard is/was... I just messed around with naming and sizes until it worked then stuck with it.

Naming - I use all lowercase except for the L or M - xxxxxxxL.bmp (upto 7 chars for the image name + L/M). When I use LeUI, I always use f#xxxxL.bmp and m#xxxxM.bmp (only 4 chars for image name, m# determines male image, f# determines female and of course L/M). I always have 2 images (L and M) even if they are the same, but generally I try to find a full image for L and just the head for L.
    Sizing: The L image is always 420x660 and the M image 210x330, 24 Bit bmp. I don't use S (in EE)...

As far as doubling up goes, the game has been good to me, When I had a mixture of Caps in the name (ie: GusL.bmp and gusM.bmp, same pic), I would get double ups, but no longer. The game shows my L image and fills in the rest when I select.

Hope that helps
    Gus
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    @Gusinda
    It works ; thank you ! :smiley: