Skip to content

Bodhi, charname and NPC

Hello folks,
A recent poll between shadow thieves and the vampires make me think that I never play with Bohdi. I don’t play evil so often and exclusively for playing thief so the shadow thieves take my heart.
RP wise, which charname can stay with the vampires? May be blackguard, sorcerer? Druid? Barb/Druid? Why not?
And for NPC Dorn, Viconia, hexxat ?! Yes. HD? Korgan? I’dont know. Edwin is evil but human and match better with the thieves (I think). Wild Neera?
What do you think?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    No good aligned charname would realistically align with Bohdi. Other than that, lore wise, no Druid would either. Undead are aberrations of the natural order and any Druid would be duty bound to exterminate undead wherever they fnd them.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    a little off topic but isn't it odd that bodhi mentions she has people that will tend to your trading needs yet there's virtually no trader in the crypt?
    Zaghoul
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    Ok, so no Druid for charname!
    -any evil fighter I guess, half orc or other race.
    -No paladin except blackguard, but you can play with Dorn.
    -No ranger
    -No thief
    -No cleric or Only evil cleric, there is Viki
    -Mage? Sorcere evil ok?!
    !!!!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Any class that doesn't have an inherent moral code should be fine. So:

1.No good aligned charnames
    2.No class that must be good aligned
    3.No Druids.
    Everything else makes sense in universe.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    To tell the truth i have only ever sided with Bodhi once just to see the story through, she's so obviously creepy and evil that i can't justify my CE Half-Orc siding with her. 1st convo is in the Graveyard Bodhi hints that she knows Irenicus and refuses to expand when pressed. That alone is the deal-breaker for me. My evil spawns are evil, not stupid.

Creepy Vampire that admits he knows the person who imprisoned and tortured me, but refuses to give any details, or Guild of criminals that are clearly in a fight for their survival, seemingly against the same enemy as you have...

Enemy of my enemy or acquaintance of my enemy?
    ThacoBellRaduziel
  • borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    Borek said:

My evil spawns are evil, not stupid.

Enemy of my enemy or acquaintance of my enemy?

That is exactly my reasoning, too. Even if your character has no principle problems with vampires, Bodhi just isn't convincing. "Hey, I am in league with your enemy, would you like to stab your allies for no reason?"

This is not about alignment - a good character can spin up a moral justification, but that's not the point. To side with Bodhi your character needs to be a little mad, or maybe needs to have a vampire fetish.
    ThacoBell
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2018
    My evil halfling F/T, Dinkle, just sided with Bodhi. His rationale was greed. Now HIS guild could be top dog AND no more taxes to the Shadow Thieves.

Edwin was selfish enough to go along with it. Also, he seems to think that my F/Th is the smart choice to side with now that he and Korgan are wearing dragon pelts. Edwin: he was always the intelligent one.

As far as creepy Bodhi’s mysterious ties to Irenicus: good. The closer the better. Let’s all have dinner together. What does Dinkle fear? The blood of the God of Murder oozes through his capillaries.
    Post edited by butteredsoul on
    UnderstandMouseMagicBorek